MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarah, I'm hurt! :( I didn't see my name on the list for t-shirts.

Oliver1655 said:
“Sarah please add me to the list for the T-shirts. XL

Sarah replied, "Thanks!
Color?"

Sent from north of hwy 8

Oliver responded, "The orange in the sample photo looks good."

Seriously, please add me to the list. Sounds like is will be a great time. Thanks for all the work you are doing with the t-shirts. :rock:
D'oh! :oops: Well, glad I posted the list - that's why I do it! Sorry! you're on there now!

egu8y2ab.jpg

Should work about perfect for you guys. Pull tree from woods, remove limbs, push brush back into woods with blade, haul trunk to landing. :) That Deere kinda corrupts the rest of the Massey herd doesn't it?!? :p

Maybe I should bring my metal detector this year to scan those logs? Just sayin...
Hoskey's pulled from the woods on their farm this year so I think we are pretty safe. Have we ever caught metal at a Hoskey GTG? Shaun had the unfortunate ability to find the piece of metal that was in some cotton wood pulled from someones back yard two falls ago. But it might be a good precaution; can your metal detector read through 18in of wood?

nuts...beat me to it... Someone's pretty swift on the iphone...

Either way I'm sure there will be a multitude of grinders there to help knock back some chain. Speaking of which I never really got an answer from too many people on whether there would be interest in me bringing skip or 1/2 skip chain and in what gauge... ???

I don't know about that for sure if it will or not.
I might be up for a chain or two in 3/8's .050 skip...

Pretty sure I have the following votes

050 skip - 1
058 semi - 1

I would use more 050 or 063 myself but we'll see. I have 6-7 rolls (all guages and pitches except 404) I can bring with for anyone that needs loops of chain.

Either way I'm sure there will be a multitude of grinders there to help knock back some chain. Speaking of which I never really got an answer from too many people on whether there would be interest in me bringing skip or 1/2 skip chain and in what gauge... ???[/quote]

Heck for a while my plan was to just get bigger saws to handle regular chain. Since I had the back problem I have rethunk that idea. I'm better now, but the doc who fixed me asked, "if your working on something and your back starts to hurt, what do you do"? I told him I finish up the project. He said, "when your body tells you something, it might be smart to listen". I follow his advice now. JR

Heck for a while my plan was to just get bigger saws to handle regular chain. Since I had the back problem I have rethunk that idea. I'm better now, but the doc who fixed me asked, "if your working on something and your back starts to hurt, what do you do"? I told him I finish up the project. He said, "when your body tells you something, it might be smart to listen". I follow his advice now. JR

I've had a herniated disk in my lower back for the last 3 months since me and the wife moved and didn't get much help from friends and family... I know how the back stuff can suck, and am still of your old philosophy... Mortgage needs to be paid and $$$ doesn't come in when you're on your back.

I've had a herniated disk in my lower back for the last 3 months since me and the wife moved and didn't get much help from friends and family... I know how the back stuff can suck, and am still of your old philosophy... Mortgage needs to be paid and $$$ doesn't come in when you're on your back.

I think it matters what your occupation is.

My help was minimal but I was there in spirit! The best treatment I've found for that is Epson salt and Tylenol once a day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My help was minimal but I was there in spirit! The best treatment I've found for that is Epson salt and Tylenol once a day.
nothing much helps on bad days. When you have to travel around the state in a tiny Honda with no back support it doesn't help. That and stitting up strait with proper posture like you're supposed to do doesn't happen since that sticks your head way up into the head liner where you can't see the road at all.

I think that depends on what your occupation is.
ha ha ha...fixed that for you.

I was pulling in to unload the truck this evening and a big motor home pulling a enclosed trailer went by. I thought it was Doug at first, but I realized that his trailer was a different color and longer.

Up to 39 pages now, and about 6 weeks away, so I have to start taking this seriously and make arrangements.

3507 V Ave, Chelsea, IA 52215

Friday April 25th afternoon, till around Sunday April 27 mid-day?

Pre-event tour at Mark's House of McCulloch is ___________?

Bring food to share and money for pizza.

Room to park/camp on the premises, or do we need to go to a local campground?

Thanks!

Philbert

Latest posts

Back