MS261 mufflers non-existent?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why is it seemingly impossible to find replacement MS261 mufflers for sale in the US?

026 & 260 parts abound...but you try to find a 261 muffler and the only stock ones available are in the UK and won't ship to the states...

I haven't found any aftermarket ones available either.

These things have been out for a while...how is there nothing available?

To be honest, I haven't tried because I was told that they won't just sell parts, they will only replace them for you. Maybe this is untrue?

Also because I assumed it would be prohibitively expensive from a brick/mortar dealer....that also may be untrue.

So really, I could probably just call them and figure out both of those things, but it's easier to just look around online. I figured for sure someone would make and market an aftermarket muffler for the 261...so I was shocked when I couldn't really find one. The only ones I could sort of find are people that modify them and sell them, but you usually have to email them....I wasn't looking for a modified one anyway.

Hopefully kenton.a.frank here has an extra one I can pick up, if not, I'll give the dealer a jingle. Thanks!

Back