MS461 Giveaway Saw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a raffle that anyone can get into off this site or do you have to be present at an event to win?

Is this a raffle that anyone can get into off this site or do you have to be present at an event to win?

Anyone can enter Adam. Brad Snelling will fire up a donation thread soon......and he will handle the donations, and the drawing. I will ship the saw, bar, and chain to the winner at no cost to them.

Hey Randy, did you guys ever get the real word on the deflector between the cases? I asked about that in school, and got the skinny.

Now, we start getting to mods. First thing I do is defeat the carb limiters.

The tool I'm using here is just an old #1 Phillips screwdriver with a drywall screw brazed to the end of it.

Trimming the tab off....

Reinstalling the limiter caps. It's easier to "find" the adjustment screws with the saw running with these in place.

Now moving on to the the coil and timing mods.

Here I'm popping the wire off using the blade of a screwdriver rather than pulling it off. Many times, the spade connector can be damaged by pulling it off.

I use a double ended, threaded flywheel puller on most Stihl saws. It's just a cheap Moped tool from ebay.

Pop......and she's off.

Latest posts

Back