• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

MS461 or MS461R ?

hseII

hseII

Addicted to ArboristSite
I heard the Southeast Stihl MS461's were detuned compared to Northeast Stihl ones... :clap:
BaHaHaHa.

Good thing this one come from Stihl Southwest, seeing as SouthEast doesn't carry "R" models.
They want to sell/sale/sail you the Regula 461, and then sell the Wrap handle, Big Clutch cover, and HO Oil pump FO extra.

SteveSr

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
Oh, I wanted to ask about the air filter. See pictures. I took the saw apart and cleaned it all up, then I opened the air box and saw the filter all clogged up. Should it be this packed with stuff after only running it on Noodling for a few hours?
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these filters supposed to have a round foam pre-filter on them? The pre-filter catches the big crud while the main element is for small dust. The pre-filter cleans easily in the sink with dish soap and a *soft* paint brush.

I have a 33 year old Honda lawnmower with the same system. The foam pre-filter gets cleaned and re-oiled annually. The main filter has been replaced once in 33 years!

mcobb2

mcobb2

ArboristSite Operative
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these filters supposed to have a round foam pre-filter on them? The pre-filter catches the big crud while the main element is for small dust. The pre-filter cleans easily in the sink with dish soap and a *soft* paint brush.

I have a 33 year old Honda lawnmower with the same system. The foam pre-filter gets cleaned and re-oiled annually. The main filter has been replaced once in 33 years!
Only the original HD filters. The new HD2's do not have a prefilter on them. Some run the Outerwears on them with good results.

MustangMike

MustangMike

Addicted to ArboristSite
Most people concur that the HD-2 w/o the outerwear is the better set up. Just tap out the chips every few tanks. The pleated filter has a lot more flow than non pleated filters (more surface area, by far). I have them on all my saws. The Max Flow may be even better, but adds bulk.