• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

MS462C 8 pin w/a 20"

toadman

toadman

ArboristSite Operative
Will do it in soft wood, and some softer hardwood.
Not sure I would recommend it, It's much harder on the saw & I get very little if any gains in speed on anything larger than 10".
10" and under, sure.
Makes the 462 much more boggy and very easy to accidentally stall in a cut, or to limb pinch stall in small stuff.

Overkill338

Overkill338

Bars Of Stihl
Will do it in soft wood, and some softer hardwood.
Not sure I would recommend it, It's much harder on the saw & I get very little if any gains in speed on anything larger than 10".
10" and under, sure.
Makes the 462 much more boggy and very easy to accidentally stall in a cut, or to limb pinch stall in small stuff.
Was just a curiosity, because I can't leave anything alone lol

John Lyngdal

John Lyngdal

ArboristSite Guru
Running a 8 pin 3/8 on my 046 and 461with 24"/25" bars in fir and maple without issues.
Keep the chain sharp and let the saw feed itself (when possible) and it will be fine.