Need a new add on furnace.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the poor fella swear off fishing too? I can't find his personal site anymore, and no YouTube videos in 9 months.

Starting to think there has to be a woman involved if he quit fishing...

No, Keith is fishing more than ever. I do believe he still has a guide service. Always posting pics of fishing on FaceBook!!!

so the yukons, are junk???

Me thinks yous a bit of an instagator there Oly! That line woulda gotcha an asshat from ole CK! :hmm3grin2orange:

I will go to the mat defending the quality of Yukon furnaces! That said, some of the newer designs can burn a little cleaner, but nobody makes anything that will outlast a Yukon! Yukon is still using the same basic design that they started with in the 70's, and they were light years ahead of their time then, heck, I say they're still better than all but a couple of the newer EPA design type furnaces that are out there. Like I said before, I've made a couple mods on mine, got 'er burning real nice and clean, not that it was that bad before, but I just like to tweak things if I think I can improve them!
I went with a Yukon Husky because it solved some logistical issues in my furnace room and because I was able to score a nice used one for pennys on the dollar compared to a new one. Had I ever a need to replace the Yukon, and the money, I'd probably have to make the tough decision between the Kuuma and a Caddy or something else from PSG. Well, actually, if I had the money, I'd hafta consider a gassifying boiler too. But for now, and anytime in the foreseeable future, I'm very happy with my Yukon!

So Keith is still out there wetting a line huh? I'm like Steve, I couldn't find hide nor hair of him anywhere. I thought I heard that he moved down south? I know some of you might say good riddance to him, but I kinda miss him around here. Not gonna find anybody with more passion for his product or trying to help people successfully heat with wood! I talked with him on the phone a few times before I actually purchased my Husky, he was a wealth of knowledge and suggestions!

Last edited:
Do you like the Yukon, or the pennies on the dollar? I always like thing's more when there a steal, like your Yukon. I would have bought one too at that price.

Review soon I swear, before you ask, or yell.

I had decided that the Yukon was the furnace for me long before I stumbled across the one I bought. I was ready to spend a good bit more than I did to get one. I am happy with the Yukon, but the deal, was icing on the cake!

Yeah I was wondering about that review...:D

Sorry Al, didn't mean to hijack your thread! Hopefully you'll show us what you end up doing (show us means pics:msp_biggrin:)

Last edited:
BTW Fyrebug, I have been a licensed HVAC contractor for over 40 yrs. I have really no use for mfrs. who sell retail.

Unfortunately mtfallsmikey, if all we made was product that sold through distribution and specialty dealers only we would soon be out of business or... could not afford new technologies we keep developing every year.

All we do is wood burning... no BBQ, no patio sets, no gas appliances, no spas. Just wood.

It's a declining market and asking us just to make it for a few specialty retailers would put us on the same problematic situation Vermont Casting and many others MFG's who are struggling right now. Some of these MFG as struggling so much they now by-pass specialty retailers and go direct to consumer. Would you prefer this?

Our big box volume sales helps us fund our R&D & lab so we can continue to be a leader in our industry.

Latest posts

Back