Need product review for Stihl 193t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik B

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am looking for a product review for Stihl's new 193t. If anyone has had one for awhile, what are your impressions.
Thanks,
Erik B

We have a few at work. These are the worst saws I have ever run. They bog down in anything over 4". I would stay away from one of these if you are looking to purchase a saw.

We have a few at work. These are the worst saws I have ever run. They bog down in anything over 4". I would stay away from one of these if you are looking to purchase a saw.

Did you try sharpening the chains?

I'm not using it for professional use, but mine is a little cold blooded until it warms up. I have cut 12"+ tree easily with my new 193 bone stock...haven't even touched the carb adjusters yet. I just get the chain spinning fast before I let it touch the wood.

My niece's husband runs one. I did a muffler mod and retune on it. Bone stock they are really choked off.

20150907_104645.jpg

Easy fix.Totally different saw after. He chunks with it to better than full bar length (14").

The H/L have plastic limiters on them. I yanked them completely but they can be trimmed to allow full adjustment of the carb. Adjustment is mandatory after muffler work. More flow requires more fuel. There are some great videos on YouTube.

This little saw needs the same thing the 201 does to make good power. Give it a mild muffler mod, advance the ignition 6°-8°, trim the carb limiter, and re-tune. You'll be amazed at the difference.
I didn't advance the timing, but did the mm and retuned it after removing the h limiter. That alone made it usable. Thanks for the info.

Back