• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy New in box Stihl MS200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I do happen to have 4 brand new and unused Stihl MS 200T chainsaw... user manuals! All I have left of my 200T horde. You could read and look at pictures of the gold standard of in-tree saws.

JHC... now I am getting PMs from noobs wanting to know how many 200Ts I have and what I want for them.

People of EARTH doing AS searches, I DO NOT HAVE ANY 200T saws, for sale or otherwise, let alone new ones. I have a pile of 200T user manuals... USER MANUALS! The paper thingies that you get with saws that have pictures and words in them.

Eye tells yah...

I was saving them for when the daily runners swear out.

Well, if you are going to use them there is no point in selling them. I would turn them into 6 light mod later edition 201Ts myself. But then again, I DO NOT HAVE ANY 200T saws on my shelves, so what do I know?

Well, if you are going to use them there is no point in selling them. I would turn them into 6 light mod later edition 201Ts myself. But then again, I DO NOT HAVE ANY 200T saws on my shelves, so what do I know?
Well they sure are easy to work on for me because that is my main saw for treework. also I have lots of parts to fit them.

Well they sure are easy to work on for me because that is my main saw for treework. also I have lots of parts to fit them.

Makes good sense to keep them then. You will be the rage and envy of this site having pristine 200Ts though. And a target for rip-offs. Keep them locked up good.

Biggest reason I sold down my collection of saws when I sold my last Bandit chipper and arbor biz; the saws were theft bait. One of the most common reasons for break-ins around here are chainsaws.

Well if you ponder it long enough there are good ways to hide or protect them.

Yah, I do that with the saws I still have. I do not leave them in plain view in the house or in my truck. I keep some in boxes and some cable locked in the garage. I have my bar collection in another box in the house. I have a list of all my saw serial numbers, and I have my DL number on the underside of the top covers. But after a while people figure out that you have saws. They make noise. I had over 30 saws at one time and there was no hiding them all. Now I am under 10, but they are still theft bait.

Tweekers and crack heads are everywhere. Used to be that you could bury a saw overnight on a falling job in southern Oregon. No longer. There are guys with binoculars looking at cable yarding and falling jobs late in the day, and they go in at night and dig stuff up. If they get busted, they are back on the street and in the woods in a few days. If you are lucky you can get your saws back.

I would be very interested to try one of brads tweaked 201T's. Honestly thought since i got the T540XP i don't know if it would change my mind. My T540 keeps up with my bosses 200T with no trouble in same diameter wood and same bar length. Plus I am running VXL semi on the T540 and my boss runs PS3 chisel.

I've tried two different 540's now and both were exactly the same. When they were running great, no complaints at all. However, the tune was all over the place. One minute it ran like a scalded dog, next time more like a sick turtle. Throttle response would be awesome one time and 5 blips later it was sluggish again. They were both really inconsistent and drove me nuts so I traded it back in towards a 201t.

I'd worry my 540xp would take a dive and leave me just the clip hanging off my lanyard...

Saw a 200t somewhere nib for $1800. Can't remember where, feebay or another forum.

Back