new to me dump trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never understood the guy with a chevy powered ford... ford as well as chevy make a good engine but fords front ends suck. Guess that's y after years of owning fords I switched to a chevy. The wife still has a ford and I have front end parts in the garage that I'm going to change this weekend...

Fellow here in Joetown has a ‘46-‘48 Ford 2t dump truck restomod of sorts. SB Chebby power.

Great for delivering small loads of dirt or rock to homeowners. [emoji106]

Speed Way motors in Lincoln Ne made a bell housing and a front motor mount that made putting a small block Chevy in those trucks easy. I did a lot of those farm trucks back in the 70's and early 80's when farms were still using them to haul grain. It made a nice set up.

I have the power wire installed on the truck and trailer. I also changed the end on a set of jumper cables I had so they will plug in to. IMG_20190816_150053767.jpg

It doesn't have it's own battery? Mine is set up to charge from the truck.
I bought a wireless remote for mine so I can run it from anywhere within range, I still need to open the tailgates though.
yes has its own battery but like I see at work a lot of guys come in and have trouble. The way I ran the cable on the truck the two battery's are connected with a 2ga wire, not a 7 pin connector.
I like the wireless remote.

Latest posts

Back