No limiter caps on 372XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading, most specifically on limiter caps. I read every single sticky and they all make mention of limiters that have plastic wings that need to be clipped. Looking at my 346XP, it definitely has them and I can follow the instructions to remove the wings easily. However, looking at my 372XP I find no plastic limiter caps, just what you see in the pics below. The screws are contained in a metal housing permanently fixed to the carb and viewable only after I remove that black rubber boot. Does this mean I don't have limiters on the 372 or that they are within that metal housing? The saw is a 2010 if that matters.

I have been doing a lot of reading, most specifically on limiter caps. I read every single sticky and they all make mention of limiters that have plastic wings that need to be clipped. Looking at my 346XP, it definitely has them and I can follow the instructions to remove the wings easily. However, looking at my 372XP I find no plastic limiter caps, just what you see in the pics below. The screws are contained in a metal housing permanently fixed to the carb and viewable only after I remove that black rubber boot. Does this mean I don't have limiters on the 372 or that they are within that metal housing? The saw is a 2010 if that matters.

The limiters on that carb are like the ones on a 390's carb, and yes it has limiters. To remove them simply push in the silver case that's around the black screws, then turn the needles out. With them removed you'll see how to delete the limiters.

I've been in one, but don't recall the limiters on it. The way those work, you have to push in the outer ring, and then the needle will turn. You have to hold the ring in and completely remove the needle. You can then grind away the offending part of the ring that limits travel.

That is the way the carbs are made on the X-torq 365/372

The carb is much bigger than the HD12B Walbro on a regular 372

When you remove the needle, the ring will just lift off

Factory settings for the needles LS 1 3/4 HS 1 1/4

You need to replace the ring after trimming it. It holds the springs that makes the needle hold it's tune.

I can definitely hear the four stroking with the 372 but not so much with the 346 and the H screw is turned out all the way left, bumping the limiter cap. I just ordered a fast-tach this evening so I can make sure I've got them both dialed in, even if I have to mess with the caps.

Latest posts

Back