non oem parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some input from those far more experienced than myself.

I have to replace piston and cylinder on a MS260pro and a MS360

probably go ahead and replace the fuel lines, oil seals, rebuild the carb etc while i am at it. My question is what kind of quality are the non OEM pistons and cylinders that some of our sponsors sell?

Thanks

go the way i did for my 026 PRO, get the 44.7mm p/c kit from member bcorradi for around $85 delivered. much better quality than i could find aftermarket, and cheaper too. can't help ya with the 360.

go the way i did for my 026 PRO, get the 44.7mm p/c kit from member bcorradi for around $85 delivered. much better quality than i could find aftermarket, and cheaper too. can't help ya with the 360.

+1 Brad is a great person to work with. Can't beat $85 , delivered for 026/260 PC assy

For the 036/360 look for a Meteor piston or Tecomec PC assy. The latter that I have used are as good as OEM quality.

I guess I'll ask the same question for a friend's Husq. 51 that needs a top end.
He is considering the NWP 55(46mm) kit.

Just looking for some input from those far more experienced than myself.

I have to replace piston and cylinder on a MS260pro and a MS360

probably go ahead and replace the fuel lines, oil seals, rebuild the carb etc while i am at it. My question is what kind of quality are the non OEM pistons and cylinders that some of our sponsors sell?

Thanks

Welcome to AS!

First off....I would figure out why the pistons scorded in the first place! It would be a shame to put all of that $$$ in to it and have it score again!

Thanks for the welcome

I ended up picking up 3 stihl chainsaws and 2 partner gas cut off saws from a customer of mine. His dad was the one that repaired small engines but passed late last year so these just have been sitting collecting dust in the shop.

From the shape of the bars I am guessing lack of experienced users.

The bars are worn down so much they have a lip worn on the edge.

I took the exhaust off of all 3 and the 260 pro had scratches and the 360 had scratches. The 360C looked almost new but i found a broken brake cable. I was originally going to sell some of them and the 2 partner saws as is with out bars to help pay for repairing the others.

I have a little probelm about not half assing things so I may as well just plan on going thru them with a pressure test, vacume test and replacing all the lines etc. I will check to see if the cylinders have any lip and how they mic out

Thanks for the input.

imo its not worth putting 150 bucks worth of piston and cylinder in a saw and spend so much time building it, get the cheap 30 dollar piston it will work, and be worth it, if you dont wana buy running saw.

I guess I'll ask the same question for a friend's Husq. 51 that needs a top end.
He is considering the NWP 55(46mm) kit.
e

If Tecomec has them, can't be beat.

I have used/compared/measured 038M tecomec kits ( mass and clearaneces rings/pc), .........former a bit lighter/tecimec, latter 0.0025"/the same, do not have end gap on the rings recorded......sorry

Somebody had a grief with Tecomec, never myself.

Get OEM if you can, ##### about it latter........

best,

MP

Can't say. Have not used them.

But the tecomec kits are quality like OEM

Mad,
Where are you sourcing the Tecomec from?
I'm looking for a 360 p myself. Thought about Baileys for the Meteor and have seen cheaper Pistons on Fleace-Bay but thought otherwise. At least Gregg will stand behind the Meteor from Baileys.

Latest posts

Back