• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Non-Running Top Handle Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbird1983

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a broken down top handle chainsaw to either purchase to maybe trade for...I've had multiple back surgeries over the past 10 years and trying to operate a full size chainsaw for more than a couple minutes just absolutely destroys my back...Most top handle saws are light enough that I can actually operate them long enough to start a job and actually finish it...Also, I know that it's not recommended, but it helps when I can operate a saw with one hand if needed. Therefore, I would like to find an extremely light weight top handle chainsaw that isn't in running condition. Just need to find one that I can pick up for cheap or trade for, and get er' fixed up and running myself. I'm open to most any brand as long as it isn't a Poulan or one of the brands that fall under the MTD company umbrella. Let me know what you got out there! THNX

I'm looking for a broken down top handle chainsaw to either purchase to maybe trade for...I've had multiple back surgeries over the past 10 years and trying to operate a full size chainsaw for more than a couple minutes just absolutely destroys my back...Most top handle saws are light enough that I can actually operate them long enough to start a job and actually finish it...Also, I know that it's not recommended, but it helps when I can operate a saw with one hand if needed. Therefore, I would like to find an extremely light weight top handle chainsaw that isn't in running condition. Just need to find one that I can pick up for cheap or trade for, and get er' fixed up and running myself. I'm open to most any brand as long as it isn't a Poulan or one of the brands that fall under the MTD company umbrella. Let me know what you got out there! THNX

The older poulan top handle saws were very good saws and you can get them cheap. Hell I have 12 of them and very light. I would pretty much give you one but you said no poulans so never mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The older poulan top handle saws were very good saws and you can get them cheap. Hell I have 12 of them and very light. I would pretty much give you one but you said no poulans so never mind

Can you send me a pic of the model you're referring to?

Those 38cc counter vibe Poulans are pretty nice saws. I only sold the one I had because I ended up with a couple of 200t's. In hard wood over 6" the only thing the 200t has over it is less weight.

How much $ would you let one of your Poulan's go for? Can you send me a pic?

How much $ would you let one of your Poulan's go for? Can you send me a pic?
If u go the Poulan route, there are two choices; the Poulan S25DA and S25CVA. Both at 38cc are very strong with the CVA havng the advantage of being vibration isolated. ONly negative is the carb adjustment screws are hidden under the carb cover. Also be careful that the auto oiler works. Both saws have both an auto oiler, impulse driven and a manual oiler. I have 4 of them and they will cut an 8"-12" log like nothing. A 12-14" bar is perfect using 3/8 lo pro chain

Got a couple Homelite Super 2, and a poulan 2000 woodsman that need a home. Also have a McCulloch powermac 320 but not 100% I want to let that go unless you were really excited about it. Not really sure what state they're in, other than dirty and non-running. Can get more info for you if any of those sound interesting.

Latest posts

Back