Stihl MSA300 starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLaine

Reaction score
A question for those users of the Stihl MSA 300. The saw does what I need it to when clearing dead-fall at home.
I’ll use the gas saws if it’s going to be long and arduous. However the fumes and constant restarting are no longer a joy in a windless gulley.
This new 300 has a Safety / Retainer / Start / Enable button which which must be pressed downward to enable the handle trigger to power up the saw.
Well I find this button too small and slippery to press with my gloved hand. With wear it will only get worse.

I'm thinking of gluing an extension on top of it which would jut out enough that my slippery thumb can easily operate it.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Problem solved. Just grab the handle and push the button in with great vigour. It works. You've then got 4 seconds to start the saw. I'll live with that. It's still a dumb design. and their batteries are so slippery you can't put them down with sliding about. I might glue cork pads on the face. Done. D.

Back