Nos 900d!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantwolland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well...not exactly:laugh: just fresh off restoration! took her to my chain guy yesterday to get a chain made for it. it was quite the rode hard basketcase when i got it...for 5 bucks! i had to completely dissasemble it and beadblast the cases and other parts. New paint and all new gaskets and seals with new rings. took a while to find all the stuff. its still missing a chrome screen(74099), the red shield over the muffler(56582),and a muffler cap/deflector(56691) as well as 3 rubber bumpers(56298) for the air filter shroud. still looking for that stuff and may never find it! If anyone has leads let me know. i'm going to try to fab my own deflector so i can try to fire it up without covering my hand in black smoke... I thought about putting this in the homelite sticky but she's just too pretty to not share with everyone.
DSCN3284_zps18a34aaf.jpg

DSCN3283_zpsf12ed624.jpg

DSCN3282_zpsd108ba31.jpg

DSCN3281_zps38f75d6b.jpg

DSCN3280_zps9a16e683.jpg

DSCN3285_zps04e00260.jpg

by the way ifn anyone has time to kill here's my photobucket folder with most of my saws in it:
grantwolland's Library | Photobucket

Wow, just wow. Exceptional saw, thanks.

Last edited:
Very nice work! That muffler casting is just an amazing piece.

So THAT'S what my saw is supposed to look like....

That is SO NICE. Now I got a hankerin' to do something with my 909D. Maybe I will.

I agree. I still need to scare up a few parts before digging into my 900D.

000_0199.jpg

000_0196.jpg

Grant what paints did you use on your 900D? I'm going to strip and repaint my saw while I have it apart for the rebuild.

rustoleum spray bombs...

the paints i used were rustoleum rattle cans. Sunrise red and Racing green metallic. both are deeper bolder colors than original but its hard to determine that since most of the parts are faded. the green definately had a metallic to it just a shade lighter. both cans were bought at walmart i believe. And just a warning both cans spray it on thick so quick light coats prevent runs. i didnt clearcoat over the decals as i wont be running this saw in wood. She'll spend her retirement behind the bar with the others worthy of such an honor!
0128131428_zpsaf5a25ed.jpg

nice rack man!!!....talkin' bout the whitetail...

and the McCulloch 33/35...PIA..

Sweet chunk-o-metal you gots there!!!

So where in the great state of Illinois are you? You have a nice collection pictured that would great at a Illinois GTG. (Hasn't been one since i tried many years ago):msp_mad:

Bill

Far enough from Chicago!

Hey Bill I live outside of a small town in central Illinois called Mackinaw...Just south of the western portion of the State ground. I would like to go to a gtg also...did arrowhead? have one within the last year?...

Finally got around to the proof video

since nothing really happens around here without video I finally got one of it running today. Didn't bother tuning it in, since she's a shelf queen. Definately rich on the high jet but it also still has the factory vane governor also. Thing runs like new! (I guess since I wasn't to come around for another 17 years lol)

DSCN3330 - YouTube

Latest posts

Back