Opinions on EFCO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirt1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
New to the board. A lot of good info on here! Just wondering if you guy's had any opinions good/bad on EFCO saws. Thanks for the help.

dirt1

I have used 2 different models of saw that were made by Efco (John Deere saws ) and I can say that the 62 (same as the 56) is an awesome, strong running saw. Very Little plastic, plenty of power, and reliable to beat the band.

I have an old Olympyk 970 (bought it used). 71cc. Built by EMAK which is the parent company of EFCO. Itallian built. My saw might be a touch heavier than my 044. As has already been said, the saws are well built with very little plastic, reliable, strong running, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Kevin

I have a JD CS 56, great saw, we run the pizz out it and have had no problems. Well built saw, plan on giving it to the youngest son for his first saw.

Have The JD CS56 version also. Absolutely love running it. Very well built. Cleaning the air filter after an extremely dusty session is a nessecary chore, but no more than any other brand. Looking for a JD CS71 or CS81 next!!

cs56

I have a cs56 that I got bound in a poplar last weekend when I jerked it out of the tree, not all that hard, it busted the throttle and seems to have jerked it almost a part. Anyone ever had a problem like this? Did I bust the anti-vibe mpunts or? Can't figure out how to get it lined back together. I've jerked the old Husky 51 much harder for 20 years with no problems.

I have a cs56 that I got bound in a poplar last weekend when I jerked it out of the tree, not all that hard, it busted the throttle and seems to have jerked it almost a part. Anyone ever had a problem like this? Did I bust the anti-vibe mpunts or? Can't figure out how to get it lined back together. I've jerked the old Husky 51 much harder for 20 years with no problems.

I did similar thing one time and had to take apart two of the spring mounts. Then I was able to line up handle and throttle easily. After lining handle, etc. up, I then reattached the spring mounts. The spring mount at handle seemed stretched slightly, but I got it back in place easily. This was on a 1998 Husky 49. The saw still handles and cuts good. It is still one my main firewood saws.

Back