Oregon D176 bar mounts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the longest bar made these days with the D176 mount?

I have a CS750evl and would like a longer than a 24" bar for it. I can't seem to find over a 24" and would like a 32".

Also have a project Poulan 245A that uses the same mount and could use that bar size.

Oregon power match in a 28" 3/8 050 maybe. 280RNDD176

Shows for the poulan 245, but not the 750.

If you start out with a D009, you can make it fit almost anything, with some filing or milling.......:greenchainsaw:

The D176 is the standard big Echo bar used from the CS-451 to the CS-8000 minus a couple of saws in that range. GB makes some bigger bars that have the D176 slot. I know to they have one to 36" ...Bob

Thanks Bob, thats along what I was looking to find out.

Now I just need to find who sells them.

I knew that the D176 was the standard Echo/Poulan mount but the call for them must be slowing down.

I know that one of the couple Echos that you say dont use the standard D176 mount is the CS900EVL. Been there done that.

Hey Mark i was only 1/2 right on my info, sorry. The GB bars have the bigger slot and they give you a steel shim that wraps around the studs to take up the slop. I think Oregon is doing the same thing, that way they only need to make one bar to cover more saws. There are some GB dealers on this forum. I get mine from http://www.cutterschoice.com ...Bob

I forgot about that S shaped shim also,,, Oregon has been doing that since the early 80's.

Since I have been thinking about it, I don't know if this is really worth the trouble trying to find a 32" D176 mount bar. Troll got me thinking and I went out and looked at the D009 bar off of my Husky. Its darn near the same, oil holes line up perfect, but the main difference is the slot is 1mm bigger and a lot longer.

I may just make a spacer for it. My thinking is that the bar studs are pretty close together and that the slot in the Husky bar is so much longer, I could make the spacer a little longer to support the extra long bar better.

My CS-60s is the same spacing as yours and there is some slop even with the spacer so when i tighten up my chain i put a chunk of wood under the end of the bar to keep it up on the nose then tighten the chain and the stud bolts....Bob

Back