Out cutting firewood with the 365BB and 385XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUSSIE1

Al.
Reaction score
Ned and Wild’s fight site Vic. Australia.
The 365 has the big bore ported with larger No's than the 371BB and has the 2mm bored Walbro on it, 20" bar, round filed chisel. The 385 I have just recently put back together with a Meteor piston after the pin clip failure, 28" bar, round filed semi skip chisel. The wood is Peppermint (hardwood).

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PswQ_uxiBuI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PswQ_uxiBuI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I don't understand your video....seems silly to make such USABLE pieces...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was fully expecting to see a bunch of wooden paper plates....

so, while I am disappointed;), somewhat, I am happy to see a person actually make a performance video where waste wasn't the main result....

Nice vids. Saw rep sent, just because I have the exact set up on my 365sp. Those saw's run like a rapped ape! I just have to mod the muffler on mine and she'll be all done.

Ya, it makes my 371 look like a wild thing! I'm picking up a few more saws soon, looks like there is a 365/372 in there, I'd like to try a little more this time with it.

Yeah mate. This one was for playing and trying out different things. Don't know how you get these saws Will. Need any info, give me a holler.

I have a BB kit coming for 365 looking forward to it!

That's the way mate!

Nice vid there aussie1, the peppermint down this way must be a different type than yours.The one we have has a different bark.

Thanks mate.
My book says it's the same "narrow leaf" and "broad leaf" peppermint from Nth East NSW right around to Western Victoria.
It also lists our Stringy (Red) as being the same! :cheers:

Thanks mate. :cheers:

Last edited:
Nice clip mate, the 365 is a real screamer, I have one myself and I reakon i'll do that to mine when it needs a freshen up. Looks like a good spot up there.

Nice clip mate, the 365 is a real screamer, I have one myself and I reakon i'll do that to mine when it needs a freshen up. Looks like a good spot up there.

Nice to see what a couple healthy Huskys with sharp chains can do!

Cool vid, Al.

I did miss the spiders, snakes and crocs however...:greenchainsaw:

Thanks guy's.

Roland it's winter so they are all snoozing. I do come across plenty of "Huntsmans" (spider) hibernating in the cracks of the wood. Same as the spider on Stihlman's saw.
:cheers:

The 365 has the big bore ported with larger No's than the 371BB and has the 2mm bored Walbro on it, 20" bar, round filed chisel. The 385 I have just recently put back together with a Meteor piston after the pin clip failure, 28" bar, round filed semi skip chisel. The wood is Peppermint (hardwood). .....

You even took care of the high stumps I notised initially - good job! :cheers:

Wow, that 365 one fast saw Al. Perfect firewood bucking saw.

How does that peppermint burn? I came across some the other day and was wondering what kind of firewood it would make.

Back