Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those partner labled bars on e-bay are they the real thing ? or do you think they are some cheep knock off painted up? Got an S-65 that outta have one if they are real maybe.

I bought many or those. They're the real deal Lucile. :msp_biggrin:

Good I will have to get my son to get me a couple.Thanks,... Next question is there a scource for getting the gray intake impluse gromet's that are used in the 500 and 5000 ? A shop near me is trying to get me 10 of them and 10 of the tank vent plastic filter looking thingy's as well.They want $50.00 for these 20 peices but they have been on order for a month now and I have not heard anything more. I dont really need 10 of each but i figured if I could get them it wouldnt hurt to have them,ya know what i mean vern?

Hey Jeff
I got 6 of those impulse grommets last fall from a husky dealer 90 cents a piece.. Took about a month to get them

Hey Jeff
I got 6 of those impulse grommets last fall from a husky dealer 90 cents a piece.. Took about a month to get them

Hey thanks can any husky dealer get them you think? If so whats the part number you asked for? I would assume it is diffrent from a partner number most likely.

Thanks I hope I can grab 4 or 5 of em someplace. On another note I should buy a lottery ticket today, I put the carb kit in the S-65 I bought from TK and she runs great. Thanks for the tip Chris he was a joy to do some buisness with. And then I took the cylinder off my poulan pro 325 / 5000+ mix today and put in the cylinder spacer and gasket that Ed sent me .Thanks Ed. I had two very thick hand made gaskest under the jug but this will be better for sure. Thanks to everyone for their help, Jeff

GOt my Partner running tonight. need to turn idle down or investigate WHY its idleing high. But either way, it runs and repsonds to throttle great. Need me a bar and a chain and i can make some chips with it.. Kinda odd having a saw that big without a chain brake..kinda scary too! lol

Thanks folks for all the help!

Got my p85 going with homemade pawl springs, but the seals are shot. I found the one for the clutch side but need the flywheel side. Part #505 275615. Any help would be much appreciated.

When I had need of seals one time I went to a bearing dealer.I took the crank shaft with me and the case half , they took a measurement went to a shelf and 3 dollars later i was gone. Most mid size towns have an industrial park and someone in the park will know whare to find a bearing shop. good luck,Jeff

Full Chisel question

I am sure this has been answered a gaddilion times but me and the search function just dont hitch horse's. I have 4 brand new 20" Forester bars and 4 new Full Chisel 325 pitch 58 guage 66 link chains all on saws ready to go. I had the loops made from a spool so I dont have the package they would have come in.
This is my question I have been sharpening lately with my "Granberg file and joint" and like it never used one before. I have been doing 30 degree cutter angle but should there also be a ___ ?degree up angle as well? like 10 degrees or somthing??? Or is it just straight across the face? Thanks for the replys Jeff

Jeff I've tried 0 and I've tried 10 degrees and didn't notice a difference either way. Whatever works for you.

I owe you a PM later too, I didn't forget.

Jeff I've tried 0 and I've tried 10 degrees and didn't notice a difference either way. Whatever works for you.

I owe you a PM later too, I didn't forget.

Ok, I just got a line on a running R-517 and a P-7 somthing ? the guy could not read the rest of the label, He said there is also a " parts saw " but he did not know what parts one is its in a box.What do you think the p-7? is p-70? did they call the 7000 plus a P-7 somthing?

Partner 2055

I have a partner 2055 chainsaw that was given to me. Anyone know when this was made and anywhere to get a new ignition coil for it.

Ok, I just got a line on a running R-517 and a P-7 somthing ? the guy could not read the rest of the label, He said there is also a " parts saw " but he did not know what parts one is its in a box.What do you think the p-7? is p-70? did they call the 7000 plus a P-7 somthing?

Yeah its probly a p-70. Don't matter. Just buy it. :)

Latest posts

Back