Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Wayne, I think you hit the jackpot. Looks like a P100 to me (although I was thinking R3 first). They look so similar and there were so many minor variations in hood, fins etc. I think you are really going to like that saw, well done!
And do I see some of those dirty, nasty green saws there?:msp_biggrin:

Well Wayne, I think you hit the jackpot. Looks like a P100 to me (although I was thinking R3 first). They look so similar and there were so many minor variations in hood, fins etc. I think you are really going to like that saw, well done!
And do I see some of those dirty, nasty green saws there?:msp_biggrin:

Thanks Al, I was hoping It was a P100, those nasty green ones will be heading your way soon :msp_biggrin:

It might be 100cc but I don't think its a P100. Top cover and muffler look wrong as well as it having a decomp that a P100 never had.

Could be a 85cc also.

Mark, I suppose the only way to be sure would be to measure the bore, does the serial help with ID?, It weighs 10KG with a 18" B/C and no fluids.

Mark, I suppose the only way to be sure would be to measure the bore, does the serial help with ID?, It weighs 10KG with a 18" B/C and no fluids.

Wayne, I think you have a R440T and it is 100cc.

Check the bore and see if its 56mm.

Pretty nice find! It would be a nice compliment to a P100Super which I just happen to have. :givebeer:

Poulan Pro 325 gas line v/s Partner 5000 gas line

I have a 325 that I got just the base no piston or cylinder so I put on a 5000 piston and cylinder.The issue I have discovered that the gas tank hole for the gas line to pass through is larger or more sloppy on the 325 than on my 500 and 5000's. Fuel vibrates up and out around the gas line / tank meeting surface. Gas splashes up kind of and leaks badly I cut 2- 8" fir's and was empty
.I think this effect's the fuel supply to the carb as the seal the line makes to the tank hole is very loose thus the positive pressuer in the tankk is not constant. However not loose enough to accept the next size line I have anyway.
It is causing a lot of excess fuel to be around the carb and I think the saw is sucking some in at the carb as well as through the supply line causing the saw to flood. I have spread some black permetex around the surface to try to seal up the area in hopes that this will stop the leak .The saw runs fine in my shop but carring it to the wood lot on my tractor with the bar down the engine up it seems to be flooded when I get to the woods.So tomorrow I will carry it more level and with the sealant maybe see a diffrence? Has anyone expereinced anything like this before? Jeff

Partner 5000 Plus won't start

I had a fella give me 2 of these, today. Neither will try to start. Both have good spark, at the plug, but won't even pop. Both saws had some scoring on the pistons, so I put a squirt of oil in the cylinders to boost compression. Nothing. Tried a little starting fluid instead of WD40, and still nothing. I pulled the plug, to check the spark again, and set it by the plug opening. Pulled the rope, and wham.....ignition. Put the plug back in, and nothing.
Now the guy that gave them to me said that he had called the dealer, he got them from, and that he was told it was probably a timing problem. I pulled the flywheel, on one, and the key was fine. Do these saws have some sort of timing in the coils?
I know that the compression was probably a little low (still felt ok, though), but with a bit of oil in the cylinder I should have at least gotten it to fire...any ideas?

Forget the starting fluid add a little mix to the cylinder, a few drops will do it then add a few to the carb.If you got good blue spark gas in cylinder and carb it will start. May have to put in a carb kit but try this a few times be sure you got gas in the tank and you will at least get it to run a few minuites I am sure.

Latest posts

Back