Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 325 that I got just the base no piston or cylinder so I put on a 5000 piston and cylinder.The issue I have discovered that the gas tank hole for the gas line to pass through is larger or more sloppy on the 325 than on my 500 and 5000's. Fuel vibrates up and out around the gas line / tank meeting surface. Gas splashes up kind of and leaks badly I cut 2- 8" fir's and was empty
.I think this effect's the fuel supply to the carb as the seal the line makes to the tank hole is very loose thus the positive pressuer in the tankk is not constant. However not loose enough to accept the next size line I have anyway.
It is causing a lot of excess fuel to be around the carb and I think the saw is sucking some in at the carb as well as through the supply line causing the saw to flood. I have spread some black permetex around the surface to try to seal up the area in hopes that this will stop the leak .The saw runs fine in my shop but carring it to the wood lot on my tractor with the bar down the engine up it seems to be flooded when I get to the woods.So tomorrow I will carry it more level and with the sealant maybe see a diffrence? Has anyone expereinced anything like this before? Jeff

Jeff I dont know exactly what you got going on but the PP325 uses the same fuel line as a 500/5000 does.

Either someone modified your saw and the tank hole or you got a wrong sized line or a old line that has shrunk.

Black silicone around that hole wont last long, the gas will eat it up soon.

Forget the starting fluid add a little mix to the cylinder, a few drops will do it then add a few to the carb.If you got good blue spark gas in cylinder and carb it will start. May have to put in a carb kit but try this a few times be sure you got gas in the tank and you will at least get it to run a few minuites I am sure.

Did that, along with WD40. Sprayed thru carb, and directly into cylinder. Starting fluid was my last resort......

Jeff I had a woods ported 5000 have the problem you are. The vibration caused fuel to come up inside and flood the carb out basically in the cut. The fuel line has gotten hardened on mine. Fresh new fuel line solved the problem.

Could be a R35?...it can go in a box until I find a muffler for it there's a huge hole in the rear, sometime I want to tear it down and give it a paint job.

Never mind Wayne - even though it is not 100cc you are still going to really like it. This R30 came from Adelaide (and so did my P100) so there must have been a big dealer there back in the day. It is one of the nastiest saws to start I have ever seen. Quite regularly breaks starter ropes and if you don't watch it will rip your fingers off. But does it run!
Looks a little like yours but earlier - gee Partner made lots of changes in their models. I can never work them out. I will keep my eye out for a muffler for you.

1478-2_zpse3481101.jpg

Never mind Wayne - even though it is not 100cc you are still going to really like it. This R30 came from Adelaide (and so did my P100) so there must have been a big dealer there back in the day. It is one of the nastiest saws to start I have ever seen. Quite regularly breaks starter ropes and if you don't watch it will rip your fingers off. But does it run!
Looks a little like yours but earlier - gee Partner made lots of changes in their models. I can never work them out. I will keep my eye out for a muffler for you.

1478-2_zpse3481101.jpg

I was noticing that yours has the same repair to the starter stud as my P85 had when I got it. Mine had a crummy chunk of all thread rod and nuts hanging out the side of the starter cover that soon fell apart. I beefed up the repair with a grade eight bolt, washer and lock washer, then a dose of locktite for insurance.

Jeff I had a woods ported 5000 have the problem you are. The vibration caused fuel to come up inside and flood the carb out basically in the cut. The fuel line has gotten hardened on mine. Fresh new fuel line solved the problem.

I has brand new line the next option would be to drill a new tank hole I guess this hole does not look worn but I guess it must be.

I has brand new line the next option would be to drill a new tank hole I guess this hole does not look worn but I guess it must be.

What size line you using? 3/16"OD?

There are some rubber lines out there that seem to be just bit larger on the OD that might fix your problem. Give it a try before you go drilling.

If you do drill, go big enough to use a rubber grommet in it to get back to the original OD line.

What size line you using? 3/16"OD?

There are some rubber lines out there that seem to be just bit larger on the OD that might fix your problem. Give it a try before you go drilling.

If you do drill, go big enough to use a rubber grommet in it to get back to the original OD line.

Yes Mark thanks, I think it is 3/16 the next size I have is 1/4 then 3/8. I will try the blk permatex for now I thouht that was made to be in contact with Gas/ oil? any way if I drill I was going to just drill a new hole the correct size , not re-drill the same hole. But If I knew where to get the gromet you speak of I may try that?
But for right now not drilling anything .Thanks for the responce,.. I have a few people in mind when I post and you are one of em !! Thanks Jeff

Yes Mark thanks, I think it is 3/16 the next size I have is 1/4 then 3/8. I will try the blk permatex for now I thouht that was made to be in contact with Gas/ oil? any way if I drill I was going to just drill a new hole the correct size , not re-drill the same hole. But If I knew where to get the gromet you speak of I may try that?
But for right now not drilling anything .Thanks for the responce,.. I have a few people in mind when I post and you are one of em !! Thanks Jeff

The electrical dept at the hardware store useally has those grommets.

Can You dechiper a bar / chain issue I have ?

I bought a 5000 from a guy and on the saw is a Oregon chain the only thing on it is the number "21" it is full chisel and has 64 drivers. The chain is primo but i dont know if it is a .325 or 3/8? according to tooth / file size I think it may be a .325 ?

Next problem,.. I want to buy a new bar for this chain I noticed that the chain just do'nt seem to work right with the bar it came with. It is a (16"Roller tip Oregon 30513, 58, .325 64 somthing ?h )
I also have a beat up (16" Replaceable tip Windsor C38X , 5217, 15CJ58MS ) it seems to fit better on the winsor but it is such poor shape can't be sure.

If I go to buy a new bar for this chain what do I need?. I have never known how to tell what chain I have if it does not say right on it . I talked to Ed about buying one of the Partner Bars you see on e-bay, but I dont know enough about it to be sure I get the right set up. If this is too much to ask no worries, it's just that this B&C stuff is very confusing to me. Thanks Jeff

Partner R517

Had a mechanic friend deliver a R517 in a box totally ripped down and case a 1/4" split.He was stumped and asked me to help.Anyway told him it would be awhile so I just looked.Rings are all I have seen and wondered are there sources for piston(maybe) ,seals and a case gasket?I'd rather not make one.Any help appreciatedThanks,David

Back