Pennsylvania GTG MAY 3rd 2014!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
w
I sure don't want to get hopes up, but I have the ideal place for the next gtg (Not to discount the gratious hosts of the past). We have a camp ground in the woods behind my house and were logging our woods this year. I'm working on it if shower guy is interested in it moving around. I'm not making you all food though (who could live up to last year anyway) and there wouldn't be any alcohol allowed.

I just have to convince my dad. His land, his call. :)

hey, no problem on my end if you wanna host.......
i offered to do the first one only because nobody else seemed to be able to at the time..
yer not cookin too ??????? WHAT......lol..
liability------shmilability--------- that's another good reason to have a backhoe on site............... "oh, you did something dumb and hurt yourself ??"
"you need to get my insurance information ??" "give me about 10 minutes and we can discuss this out back, around the corner"...
drinkin and runnin saws don't mix well, i agree........after the saws are away i'd have no problem if a guy wanted to crack a beer and bs's with the folks.......... i'd say we had a VERY responsible group of guys and gals at the last one..
i still have "big wood" that farmer steve and nate661 brough for the last one, if it's okay with them we could figure out how to get it relocated....you need something strong to move it around, it's HEAVY !!
we will need a new thread though for this years gtg, once it's decided where it's gonna be..

Like I said.. It will be up to dad.
I agree.... Last years crowd was great. I'm in no way saying I think someone will be a schmuck, I'm just voicing my dad's thoughts. Pop is an awesome guy. I live on two acres surrounded by his land and I go by his rules when I hit acre 2.01. The campground is his and has a no adult beverages allowed policy, saws or not. That's why I mentioned it.
As for food, if it goes farther, we can chat about it.
I don't have anything as big as the leftover logs. I can push them around though. Think I can pull them with my golf cart?
I do have a hoe attachment & skid loader available if it would come to that..;)

welp,
the problem you have with pushing them around is dirt getting ground into the knooks and crannies, i spent alot of time pressure washing the grime outs them, and they did'nt look all that dirty to start with.
pull with a golf cart ?? hell no, that ain't gonna happen..........would be funny to watch though..

I was kidding. We have a skid loader and tractor with a loader. I'm not sure they will lift them around much, but I could have a spot ready to unload them if someone could get them here. No worries. I'll chat with dad soon about it. Better to ease him into it and moms already on board..lol. My wife's not too sure about the whole idea... She doesn't like playing hostess. ;)

So mama tests all your saws for you?
Bwaaaahhhaaahhhaaaa... Yeah right! Saws are stinky! Lol

Cookies are nice, both the little ones you eat and the bigger ones you cut.
I personally would always chose the edible kind.... I'm on around my 6000th cookie for the Christmas season. :)

Some guys want their wife to share all the same interests. I went the complete opposite direction.

This year, no matter where the gtg is, I think we should have saw races and some other games.
We are a game family. Bean bags, ladder golf, horse shoes, you name it. We love it. Let's start thinking up some fun games we can all get in on.

I say we have a race at every 10cc class or something. I don't have any that will win, but I'd sure enjoy being beat by some fast saws.

Back