Pics of my Freshened up Craftsman/Roper 3.7A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptechjpjr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post some pics of my "new to me" and freshened up Craftsman/Roper 3.7A.

Did Roper make any bigger cubic inch saws for Craftsman? I just acquired a free Craftsman that is blue and white and it looks like the piston is bigger. The muffler is bigger and is held on by three bolts instead of two like on my Yellow and White saw.

Thank for looking and all the help.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post some pics of my "new to me" and freshened up Craftsman/Roper 3.7A.

Did Roper make any bigger cubic inch saws for Craftsman? I just acquired a free Craftsman that is blue and white and it looks like the piston is bigger. The muffler is bigger and is held on by three bolts instead of two like on my Yellow and White saw.

Thank for looking and all the help.

would need to see a pic of the blue and white one to try to I.D. what model it is;)

Nice saw heres one of your pics.:msp_smile:
261069d1352177133-dsc02137-jpg

Can any of you Roper guys tell me what bar this saw takes and if they are still available? I have no problem modifying one if I have to if that is what has to be done. I would like to have a spare bar that is beefy like the one that is on there. It is a .325 x .050 chain. Thanks in advance again. LOL.

There are a few folks on here with a couple versions the red and black 3.7's (917.353750 and another number that I don't recall). As near as I can find, the bar for those is NLA. I THINK it's a D082 mount. You can probably mod something to fit.

attachment.php

My FIL has a Craftsman/Roper 917.63201, blue and white (I don't have a pic), 4.3 cu in (70.3 cc), manual oiler.

Latest posts

Back