Pics/video of Caledonia chainsaw races 8/17/2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Houston County fair in Caledonia MN which had the chainsaw races.

I took 2nd in the 25 year and older category. (That sounds better than saying I was last in category wit only two entrants.)

25zp5sm.jpg

2vb5vg2.jpg

m9x1tz.jpg

16c1kid.jpg

ilj038.jpg

I like seeing them old saws that still run its hard to believe stuff that old still runs nd it don't take long for a newer saw to lay down now adays.. nice saws btw I ran one of those dolmar 7900s back when I logged and their pretty quick

I like seeing them old saws that still run its hard to believe stuff that old still runs nd it don't take long for a newer saw to lay down now adays.. nice saws btw I ran one of those dolmar 7900s back when I logged and their pretty quick

Well you'd never know by watching my times, but the 7900 when run by another competitor was real close to the Husky 390.

Thanks Ron, but I have to ask, was the 25 year or older category referring to the age of the saw, or the sawyer?

Great video.

Well the saw just made the 25 year old threshold as I found the slip and bought it in Feb. of 1990. The Sawyer on the other hand would be beyond the antique and into the primitive saw class.

Back