Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Plant ID

Discussion in 'Nursery' started by JCaldwell182, Feb 10, 2018.

1. JCaldwell182

JCaldwell182 New Member

Hello,

New to the site. I have 4 acres in upstate New York and I've started doing some work on the property. There are a number of weed-like plants (shallow roots and they seem invasive) that I'm trying to ID and thought maybe you could help me. Since its winter I don't have any pictures of the leaves. (And forgive me if this should be in a different forum -- this one looked like the most relevant one)

1) Small, shrubby, with small black round berries, shallow roots that can be pulled out by hand when its young. It seems like it eventually grows into a small tree of some kind.

IMG_7887-1.JPG IMG_7886.JPG

2) Sticker bushes that are yellow on the inside.

IMG_7894.JPG IMG_7895.JPG

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank,
    Josh

2. PJM

PJM ArboristSite Operative

#1 Honeysuckle - likely a non-native invasive, perhaps Amur honeysuckle

#2 Japanese barberry - non-native invasive

Jason Douglas and Woody912 like this.
  3. Woody912

Woody912 ArboristSite Guru

yep, what he said. You could spray them with Crossbow mixed with crop oil or wait till they leaf out and use water mix. I pulled a bunch of big ones this afternoon with a tractor. fight them tooth and nail