Poulan 2150?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look on the EPA sticker it says 42cc, Not bad saws if looked after.
I feel sorry for you guys under EPA, my saws all come with a sticker that say "for export only" with fully adjustable carbs and oilers that empty 3/4 of the oil tank to a tank of gas.

If you look on the EPA sticker it says 42cc, Not bad saws if looked after.

That is pretty much what I have found. The marketing label such as on my 2005 P4018AVBH says 40cc but the epa family tag shows 42cc. Though my 2013 PP4218A is also 42cc. The PP is chrome bore and the Poulan is plain bore. The same thing is very likely for earlier 2050 and similar family poulan and craftsman saws. The type changes may be rationalization of P/C changes as the saws progression. I noticed a muffler change as the P4018 progressed..maybe to match the bigger engine. It ended up with the same bigger muffler mod version of the PP4218
I think the biggest problem with these saws is not their "economical" build. but the E-10 poisoning of them. All my plastic poulans were freebe's and overwhelmingly the #1 problem has been E-10 from carb, fuel lines or eventual resultant lean burnt P/C. I might add the rubber crank seal leakage.

In New Zealand they were available as a McCulloch made in usa assembled in PRC and had a husqvarna tag on them, labeled 3414 3616 4218 but none of them actually specified a CC rating, 3414 retailed at $250 4218 at $400 I picked up two 3414s on run out sale at a box store for $170 each thinking they're cheap enough to thrash and trash, have absolutely thrashed one for 5 years and it doesn't seem to care, parts are dirt cheap on fleabay so gave the other one to my old man they're both still going strong. picked up a 3rd with a dead oiler for parts and have robbed anything off it yet.

edit. we don't have E10 here either.

edit 2.0 I did richen all the high jets up a tad pretty early on as they sounded too revvy and didn't blubber enough under no load for my liking.

Latest posts

Back