Poulan oil pump diaphragm material

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmmce1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know what material to use to make the oil pump diaphragm on a Poulan 3400/3700?

Thanks

Anyone know what material to use to make the oil pump diaphragm on a Poulan 3400/3700?

Thanks

You want to track down some Buna-N/nitrile (nylon thread insert) sheet stock. 1/64" thick. There may be some suppliers on eBay. Make certain it is nylon insert, as it won't stretch and is very tough. If you are close to a gasket/membrane supplier they might have something similar.

It is advisable to make new gaskets and carefully clean the pump and check valves when putting it back together.

You want to track down some Buna-N/nitrile (nylon thread insert) sheet stock. 1/64" thick. There may be some suppliers on eBay. Make certain it is nylon insert, as it won't stretch and is very tough. If you are close to a gasket/membrane supplier they might have something similar.

It is advisable to make new gaskets and carefully clean the pump and check valves when putting it back together.[/QUOTE
Does the original diaphragm have nylon thread insert? I've had 1 apart and I had 1 NOS diaphragm but I didn't pay much attention.

Back