Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection! Good looking group of "girls"! Your 245 saw and bar combination look very nice. Great decision to cut and split today, and I'm glad your weather was good. I'm in Richmond VA and had it not been for the rain, I'd have done the same. Max.

Thank you sir , I'm about two split hours away from zero on the ground . Then an ash tree dead standing next saturday. The ash beetle is killing all these midwest giants . A 48" town tree isnt uncomon . Such a waste.

You can unscrew the check valve under the clutch & plug the direct shot impulse hole to the crankcase to stop the air leak.

Should not have air leaks into the oil tank nor out of the ‘chain oiler’ after that.

Otherwise the case seam gasket is leaking..."I have a potty mouth"!

Here is a rebadged Poulan. Runs pretty well. Can’t believe how loud the thing is!!!

2rnagxw.jpg

:wtf:

Thought you were leak testing the crankcase only...Of course you have to pull the stopper out after testing.

Todd has made up “serviceable” 69142 check valves if you find the oiler duckbill has melted to a pile of goo on that saw.

Valve can’t be in there while pressure testing, crankcase hole needs to be plugged off. Then yup can tell if it’s the seam leaking.

No CC gasket used, motoseal only like the 3400 series...

I used a silicone rubber stopper from a Caplugs kit assortment & stuffed it into the big threaded hole. That also sealed off the little air hole.

Pulled it back out with needlenose pliers. If it goes too far & falls into the tank, you can retrieve it out of the oil filler hole or pull the pump’s sheet metal cover off to get it.

The small perpendicular air hole is what pressurized the oil tank, but you can’t plug it & get the check valve screwed back in. At least I couldn't figure out how...

I used a silicone rubber stopper from a Caplugs kit assortment & stuffed it into the big threaded hole.

Pulled it back out with needlenose pliers. If it goes to far & falls into the tank, you can retrieve it out of the oil filler hole or pull the pump’s sheet metal cover off to get it.
Thanks muchly. You a huge help. Im beholden to ya

Thanks muchly. You a huge help. Im beholden to ya

If you want to see that hole from the inside, there’s a grubby XXV separated case on fleabay as item 132471092457.

It shows both sides of that threaded check valve hole in pics 4 & 5. About the only thing fleabay is good for anymore...lol

Back