Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so just like the fitting that the fuel line has right? I replaced that and the filter so I understand what you mean. Maybe the old one is loose in the tank! If not does anyone know where to get that barbed fitting and duckbill? (This conversation vaguely seems familiar, I am sure in fact that it has been covered way back in this thread.)

ok, so just like the fitting that the fuel line has right? I replaced that and the filter so I understand what you mean. Maybe the old one is loose in the tank! If not does anyone know where to get that barbed fitting and duckbill? (This conversation vaguely seems familiar, I am sure in fact that it has been covered way back in this thread.)

Duckbill is PN 530026119. Still in production.
530026119.gif

Barb is 530024475 Very small piece. They are usually in the tank.

images

I'm hoping someone can help me with this 25DA I have apart for crank seals. While I have it this far apart is there anything I can do about the automatic oiler supplying too much oil? Also should I go ahead and get a new condenser? The saw had a problem where it was starting sometimes but most times not. Once started it was difficult or impossible to keep running. It was suggested that I check the crank seals which is the plan before changing them. The carb was spitting a lot of fuel into the engine at WOT. I think someone suggested an ignition part too as a component in the unreliable running of the saw. I've included a photo in case there is something glaringly wrong with this part of the saw.
Thanks
fb4a3b7c56406751862222d471c7912f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yay some time for my own saws.
Whole reason behind buying the full wrap 415. The handle for the 505 to go with the big west coast dawgs.
Had full wrap on the 385 and got to liking it. So after I selling the 385 and 372 full wrap saws. Was looking for a handle for it.
Plus side the 415 is a runner now too. Got a guy wanting the tank from it for a 475. No problem for me as I like the 425 445 505 tanks and air filter set ups better.

p505fw.jpg p505fww.jpg p505fwwww.jpg DSCF1110.JPG DSCF1116.JPG

I'm hoping someone can help me with this 25DA I have apart for crank seals. While I have it this far apart is there anything I can do about the automatic oiler supplying too much oil? Also should I go ahead and get a new condenser? The saw had a problem where it was starting sometimes but most times not. Once started it was difficult or impossible to keep running. It was suggested that I check the crank seals which is the plan before changing them. The carb was spitting a lot of fuel into the engine at WOT. I think someone suggested an ignition part too as a component in the unreliable running of the saw. I've included a photo in case there is something glaringly wrong with this part of the saw.
Thanks
fb4a3b7c56406751862222d471c7912f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not sure about the oiler. I would clean and gap the points after the seals go in. Make sure there's no oil on the contact surfaces.

While you there, make sure the insulation on the wires from the points to the coil and from the coil to the kill switch is not cracked or worn through.

Nice wood. Great trailer. Quick release for tailgaters would be nice around here

Do they have those beetles under control there?

I do not see a lot of new dead trees anymore so I think the beetles have moved on, but as you can see there is a lot of dead trees left.

The trailer belongs to my brother in law and the logs on there are 7 ft. long and all from the same tree. You can do the math on how tall that tree was.
The tree was spruce. There was a big fire this year in my usual cutting area for lodge pole pine and so this was a new place that I went to. It was tougher to cut in because we were up over 9000 ft and the terrain was more rugged.

I do not see a lot of new dead trees anymore so I think the beetles have moved on, but as you can see there is a lot of dead trees left.

The trailer belongs to my brother in law and the logs on there are 7 ft. long and all from the same tree. You can do the math on how tall that tree was.
The tree was spruce. There was a big fire this year in my usual cutting area for lodge pole pine and so this was a new place that I went to. It was tougher to cut in because we were up over 9000 ft and the terrain was more rugged.

9000 ft! That would keep you gasping for oxygen if you're working hard.

That was a big tree!

98+ feet of tree, I'm jealous, bet that made a thump when it connected with the dirt. I take it that the winch on top is how you load them. What saws did you use and what was the diameter of the base. Damn fine job there. There sure is a lot of nice trees for the cutting

Those spruce trees up there really get tall. On this trip I took a Stihl MS460 and a Stihl 036 pro. Both saws have been modded. I like to change my saws around and use different ones at different times. I have more Poulan saws than anything else.

You are correct that is a gas powered winch at the top of the trailer and we could drag 2 of the big logs at a time up the ramps and then roll them in place. The smaller rounds I would do up to 4 rounds at a time. I could not tell you how big at the base of the tree.

IMG_1237.JPG

Back