Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice how many cc are the lawn boys? It's like using a saw kinda like ya load it up n then it starts two stroking and then ya can keep going faster n faster and keep the load on it then ring ning ring ta ta ting ting at the end of the strip. half the weight of a big fat Briggs really nice to push yet they say 7hp

Sweet restored LawnBoy buttercup!

I still run two brick tops from the mid 70s. D-400 series engines & they run very well.

Only 3-1/2 HP at a low 3200 rpm, 75# compression is a healthy one, displacement is 109cc with a 2-3/8” bore (60.33 mm for Jethro). That’s why they’ve lasted over 40 years, lol.

32:1 LawnBoy mix smells like you’re fishing at the lake with an old Johnson outboard on your boat.

I think Johnson & LB were both under the OMC companies umbrella. Attached a great LB mower service manual link, you’ll not find a better written small engine service guys’ document nowadays.

https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcgateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

Going to run the 70.7cc saws 445 441 back to back with 20".

Just waiting on the bar for the 441C now. No longer a hard starter.

I have ran the regular carb 441 when they came out but never a stock mtronic one. Just ported ones.

I used to call the 441 a heavy saw. LOL then I compared the weight of the 445. Dang if it isnt heavier.
I thought they felt close just picking up with fluids. But I was wrong.
About 1/2lb more give or take a hair. PHO dry

Now I know my good stock 445 out cut a muffler modded stock 440 and a 372 stock in testing years back with 20" Be interesting to see. Have a dry ash waiting.

DSCF1317.JPG

Sweet restored LawnBoy buttercup!

I still run two brick tops from the mid 70s. D-400 series engines & they run very well.

Only 3-1/2 HP at a low 3200 rpm, 75# compression is a healthy one, displacement is 109cc with a 2-3/8” bore (60.33 mm for Jethro). That’s why they’ve lasted over 40 years, lol.

32:1 LawnBoy mix smells like you’re fishing at the lake with an old Johnson outboard on your boat.

I think Johnson & LB were both under the OMC companies umbrella. Attached a great LB mower service manual link, you’ll not find a better written small engine service guys’ document nowadays.

https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcgateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

Are parts still around for those things? Do they start well? Victa got a name for hard starting I know why. Winter would come you park it up dirty n half full of gas 6 months later its suddenly a piece of crap cos it wont go and off to the scrap it goes. Little do they know store it empty and away it will go no worries.

Are parts still around for those things? Do they start well?

Like some of the old Poulan saws, you’ve got to look for C & D series engine parts like new piston & cylinders, however used parts are readily available. The later modular & F series mower new parts are still easy to get.

Easy starting, three primes & they’re off! My pair have mechanical spark advance & points ignitions.

Like some of the old Poulan saws, you’ve got to look for C & D series engine parts like new piston & cylinders, however used parts are readily available. The later modular & F series mower new parts are still easy to get.

Easy starting, three primes & they’re off! My pair have mechanical spark advance & points ignitions.

Aww good then they will be smoking away in people's yards for years to come yet

Back