Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the 445 I was wanting to test yesterday but didnt finish it till today. No carb issues with this one. ;)

#4 of my 445's but only 2 runners.

Just finished and test cutting with 20" buried in big dry ash log and now 16" and bigger on the other dry ash log. All day with that 441c or better. Would need a stop watch to tell. But dont care about that anymore and neither does the wood.

DSCF1335.JPG DSCF1332.JPG DSCF1339.JPG DSCF1336.JPG

Seems like every time I got a parts saw I soon had a runner and not many parts left over. Next time I won't put so much effort into them, not, can't help myself

Been there done that.

3 of these were bought to be parts saws for the #1. All 4 run now.
I keep buying them hoping 1 will be a parts saw someday.

c33x4.jpg

Little top handle 2000 I had bought in 94 new and later gave to dad to replace that mini mac I despised.

Well this year dad had gave me back 3 saws I had shown earlier while I was down hunting.

I was curious on the condition under the grime and if I could get it running. Well lets just say I made plenty of test cuts with 14" buried after a little fight with it.

1 more project trying to decide which way I am going with it. I sold the old early tank off it to help a shop with a 475 needing tank. So have the later updated tank ready. Just trying to decide between 415 or 445 cylinder.
Sold all my 475 topends and still have a 505 going. So they werent needed.

Still waiting on 1 more part for that dang 026. So working on some of mine.

DSCF1343.JPG DSCF1345.JPG DSCF1346.JPG DSCF1348.JPG DSCF1350.JPG DSCF1353.JPG DSCF1341.JPG

Little fella cleaned up nicely, good thing our fathers cake them in oil and gunk, it preserves the finish.
See you got a Country Line bar on yours. I bought one three years ago for my Mac PM605, haven't had any problems with bar or chain. Now it's on my 5200 and a 16" bar is back on the Mac. I can say this, keep the chain sharp and it will cut real good and fast. I believe it's a full chisel chain.
Steve

Little fella cleaned up nicely, good thing our fathers cake them in oil and gunk, it preserves the finish.
See you got a Country Line bar on yours. I bought one three years ago for my Mac PM605, haven't had any problems with bar or chain. Now it's on my 5200 and a 16" bar is back on the Mac. I can say this, keep the chain sharp and it will cut real good and fast. I believe it's a full chisel chain.
Steve

Dad put that b+c on there. Didnt even see what the chain was.

Hoping I have a 10-12 left. If not I will just leave the 14"

Can’t see all that fleabay historical stuff on my cell phone, but I know to stay away from these boomeranged items. It’s a bad way to lose some hard earned dineros in return shipping!

Anyway, here’s an easy question for the Poulan gurus:

What is the difference between piston rings 530024058 & 530023645?

530024058 was superseded by 23645, but both are thin steel rings for the big bore 2.060” 5200 series. Both were pinned in type rings too.

Form, fit or a function change usually determines a new part number. I’m thinking they changed the steel type.

Probably need MM or Eccentric to get that answered, I’ll bet they’re hanging out at the pig farm.

Might be a better part, I've seen a cover part number superseded 6 times, they would fix one part of it, if the other part was failing, they'd changed it again. Valve cover gasket for an old GM 2.5L changed three times, the last changed was a perfect gasket. First change was adding stop bushings in the bolt hole to keep from over tightening, second and final change was to add a sticky coating to the gasket to stick to cover for ease of installing cover.

Steve

Latest posts

Back