Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't come close to anything that displacement in a modern saw with the quality of parts. I'm really tempted to buy a few 3400's. I'd say it's for parts but it really isn't... I just need to find a green one though!

It is a very cool color for a saw I'm stoked to finally have a green 1

Been looking for a 4000 for a long time, then had buyers remorse, that gauge reading cured that! Have a red thin ring craftsman 3700 that blows 170 too, was dads and the first saw I ever ran. Dad ran it with good oil and just like the manual said 16:1. It was like new inside when I resealed it. As a kid I wanted the 395 in yellow with the brake.. any way cad rambling aside my 4000 has some issues. Some pitting in the rear handle, and someone swapped it to a 3400 air cleaner set up. Missing the lower bow guard, too. Can’t wait to give her a good going over, and find some suitable sized wood to try out that bow!2344842B-FD17-4621-B741-2D5736FFAA6C.jpeg 98FBE1EA-BC97-4A29-BB77-2F6CE04C4ABF.jpeg

I'm trying to get a decent bigger saw. I'm not sure if I want to fix up my 3400 I just picked up or grab this 2900. I'm in need of a bigger saw but low on funds lol

Hang on to that 3400, a few pages back someone’s bringing a 4000 jug and piston kit with bolts and gaskets for easy conversion.

Just hold out for that cylinder sell some little saws if need be a 4000 is all a firewooder ever needs. It will pull a 24 inch bar and that can deal to some pretty big trees if need be.

In the meantime a 3400 is still plenty saw it's well worth getting it running 20 inch can also get alot done. Then when the 4000 kit comes out it will be running well ready for the big bore.

The 2900
I actually put a good tank through my 3400 today and loved every bit of it very smooth saw. Had a 16 on it and pulled it with absolute authority will pull a 20 real nice too great saw will cut a mans firewood for most of his life

Thank you. You talked me into putting the time into the 3400 to bring her back to glory. I really want to try out the 3400

The 2900

Thank you. You talked me into putting the time into the 3400 to bring her back to glory. I really want to try out the 3400

Wicked saw man you will love it

Was my 1st time today on a 3400 and it went very well.

Gather up another couple when you can and you will have parts for life. It's easy for you jokers up there down here they are not so abundant and perhaps that's a good thing lol I'd have dozens real easy lol

Back