Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. Sandals as well. When I got up today it was 2 deg F. The first cold day of 2020 here.
I had a doctors apt yesterday and showed up in shorts, t-shirt, and crocks. He said, "you have a pretty good tan, you must be outside a lot"? "Yes". "You wear shorts a lot"? "Yes". "Isn't the weather kind of "bad" for shorts"? "No, I'm of Norwegian decent and we have a saying, there is no such thing as "bad" weather, just bad clothes". Then he asked, "well, how is the weather out there". I said, "appropriate to my clothes". It was high 30's to mid 40's.

I wish I had found the right shade of purple in 2012-2013. I missed it by alot.

View attachment 792050
The saw on the right looks like Chryslers 1966, one year only, Metalic Mauve. A local paint shop told me if i can bring in a good example of the color, they can match it and put it in a rattle can. Costs about $17 per can. I was trying to match Homelite blue. I told him I had an NOS carb cover. He said he could match it. Haven't been back yet. He did match the green on my 96 Dodge dead perfect, but he used the vin code for that. Not the magic scanning machine.

The saw on the right looks like Chryslers 1966, one year only, Metalic Mauve. A local paint shop told me if i can bring in a good example of the color, they can match it and put it in a rattle can. Costs about $17 per can. I was trying to match Homelite blue. I told him I had an NOS carb cover. He said he could match it. Haven't been back yet. He did match the green on my 96 Dodge dead perfect, but he used the vin code for that. Not the magic scanning machine.

Made me go look that one up. :cheers: https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_swatch_chrysler_1966

Yeah I'm not into the paint matching thing really. I just buy the $5 stuff and hope I get close. I just missed that one by a long way on first try. Just wanted a 505 wild thing for kicks.

Got real good on the homemade decal with WT 505 on it. Made a set in green 505 too.

Also because the never made a lime green version. Just red and yellow ones.

Started doing a bright orange one but lost interest in building another one. Just to many in this series already.

p505wtrecoil.JPG pp505x.jpg pp505xx.jpg porangedecals.JPG

upload_2020-1-28_19-2-0.jpeg There were two of these cars made in 66 with 426 hemis, for a while they were touring the Chrysler shows together. One of them belonged to a friend back before they prices went crazy. I met the original owner of the one my friend wound up with. I believe the fellow that restored Scott's cars name is Plotkin. I spoke with him once, I had a lot of pics of his car before he got it. I also heard he had a standing offer of $750,000 for it. Scott got it from the original owners son for $3500, kept it a few years and I think he told me he let it go for $5000. I guess yours has a little more blue in the color.

View attachment 792871 There were two of these cars made in 66 with 426 hemis, for a while they were touring the Chrysler shows together. One of them belonged to a friend back before they prices went crazy. I met the original owner of the one my friend wound up with. I believe the fellow that restored Scott's cars name is Plotkin. I spoke with him once, I had a lot of pics of his car before he got it. I also heard he had a standing offer of $750,000 for it. Scott got it from the original owners son for $3500, kept it a few years and I think he told me he let it go for $5000. I guess yours has a little more blue in the color.

Holly Sh!t

Tell me about it. When Scott bought the car I asked him to sell it to me. I had met the original owner racing stop light to stop light. He was old and grey and I was 18-20. He blew my doors off with three old grey haired ladies in the car. They were going to Roy Rogers for lunch. Scott told me he paid $3500 for it, and would let me have it for $4500, he wanted to make $1000. I went to the bank and borrowed the money, then he told me I jumped the gun, he wasn't ready to sell it yet. It had a leaking freeze plug and some other minor wok needed done. He got it up to snuff but I had bought a dragster and didn't have the money. It's a good thing I didn't get it, I would have wrecked it, and then there would only be one of them left.

Tell me about it. When Scott bought the car I asked him to sell it to me. I had met the original owner racing stop light to stop light. He was old and grey and I was 18-20. He blew my doors off with three old grey haired ladies in the car. They were going to Roy Rogers for lunch. Scott told me he paid $3500 for it, and would let me have it for $4500, he wanted to make $1000. I went to the bank and borrowed the money, then he told me I jumped the gun, he wasn't ready to sell it yet. It had a leaking freeze plug and some other minor wok needed done. He got it up to snuff but I had bought a dragster and didn't have the money. It's a good thing I didn't get it, I would have wrecked it, and then there would only be one of them left.

What a story man. Cracks me up the 3 old lady's bit haha

Lol I started to pull the 3400 apart today. Should I be worried about running an older saw. Vs a newer one with better parts support

Naaa parts for the 3400 is not a problem at all the 4000 can be but only the 4000 specific stuff and now since the Duke is sorting a top end that gas changed too. Nope no issue at all jump on Ebay and see.

That little 5020 is just a plastic turd in my opinion it could be made to cut well sure but it's a homeowner apple tree dropper for a couple hours a year

For anyone who's never run the plastic Poulans they have very good power and if not treated roughly can give years of service. If I needed a cheap saw, the Poulans would be my first choice.
They get a really bad rap from being used once or twice, put away full of fuel, and won't run two years later. Not to mention people who likely shouldn't be anywhere near a saw.

Latest posts

Back