Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It needs some dawg spikes on the front and has anyone had any luck replacing the foam on the handle. View attachment 791961

The foam I duno man see what you can find my older saws have a rubber on them. I use a dairy tube on my Mac's but the handle is a different thickness so that probably won't work

It needs some dawg spikes on the front and has anyone had any luck replacing the foam on the handle. View attachment 791961

Todd Loosli has a rubber that goes on quickly in 5 minutes, see post #53385 dated 12/21/2019.

I use the OEM Stihl rubber tubing 0000 791 2008, but it takes an air compressor, hose adapter, soapy water & 20 minutes of fighting to install.

You have to buy a whole 5m roll at $50, but it lasts a long time & looks great on Poulan saws. I have seen the Stihl tubing sold by the foot on fleabay in the past.

View attachment 791963 Also is there a rattle can color that matches close. When I tear it down here soon I would like to get rid of the gray handle.

I would paint the handle/parts PURPLE, if it were mine, and I didn't like the grey of the OEM replacement parts. But that is just me, like the green it would be hard to lose in the snow that way. LOL, No really I would!

I have a set of Dawgs/spikes along with the screws that I have no use for. I would send them to you for the cost of the ride if your interested. I don't use them because I want access to the full usable bar length and sharpen my saw chains so they feed themselves.

That middle picture of the 5400 is still looking good on my shelf, awesome saw

Edit, that is the only saw that I have not opened up and done anything to it, haven't cleaned or changed anything about it. It's at the top of my list. I take that back one starter pawl spring had come unhooked

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/grd/d/jackson-chainsaw-bow-bars/7038490541.html
242ab236802cd84656b719af3f005fc3.jpg

Steve Sidwell
In case someone is interested

I would paint the handle/parts PURPLE, if it were mine, and I didn't like the grey of the OEM replacement parts. But that is just me, like the green it would be hard to lose in the snow that way. LOL, No really I would!

I have a set of Dawgs/spikes along with the screws that I have no use for. I would send them to you for the cost of the ride if your interested. I don't use them because I want access to the full usable bar length and sharpen my saw chains so they feed themselves.

I kinda like the idea of the purple. Just to be different.

Back