Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep a full wrap and half wrap version around now. I got used to the full wrap when I had a 385 and 372 with them.

I always thought too, that I had no use for a FW till I was cutting in my hills. Was sometimes that was only way to hold it. With a half wrap I wouldnt have had that option.

Plus they do add value to a collector type saw folks are after.

Have a PP445 FW HW and a FW 505 and building a half wrap 505 now too. Being I sold all my 505 HW versions to folks.

Sold the 385 and 372 to a local logger. Since my Poulans could do the same work for me.

p4451111111.jpgp445ff.jpg
p505fww.jpg
h385ddd.jpgh372xtzz.jpg

Well we got informed they will be quarantining some of the people with Coronavirus not too far from us. Alot of us are not to happy about that. That's how crap gets spreaded around. Need to stop all travel out and into the country. Told some folks that it might be another Walking Dead show soon around here.

Steve Sidwell

Ya, with folks buying up all the hand sanitizers they can get, clearing out all they shelves. Heck, wear black nitrate gloves like we do at work, no need in using hand sanitizers all day and cheaper too. Don't think those hand cleaners gonna do much good especially when they haven't got a cure yet.

Steve Sidwell

I'm not worried about it. I've enjoyed watching folks go on buying frenzies as if we're going to get a snow storm. Never have figured out why folks buy milk and eggs. Power goes out you can't cook and if it stays out long enough they will spoil.

Steve Sidwell
If I was worried, I'd get me a bio suit.

Fear!!!!!!!!!!!! is how the government controls it populous and gains more control, don't play into the fear!!!!!

More people die from the common flue, it is fear tactics in an election year!! The media is Hyping it up for the deep state to build fear!!!!!!!!

China used it to get rid of all the Hong Kong protesters, nobody questions were did they go, they just disappeared.

Remember Lavoy!

Ken

I Gotta agree in most part with Ken on this one. While it is a serious matter, it is not as serious as the media is making it out to be. It’s disgusting to watch really. Anyone with a functioning prefrontal cortex can see exactly what they are doing...

Amen, If I could, I would Like the above post to infinity!!!

It is simply indoctrination to except the infinite power of the Government that is out of control!!!!

When government fears its people, there is Freedom and Liberty. When the people fear the government there is no freedom or Liberty!

Live free or die is a great Motto!

Ken

Posted a Poulan 3400 vs Poulan 5020 video - put it in the main forum but I figure it should be posted here for Poulan experts/fans.

Let me know what you think - and comment in youtube if you like - trying to get my channel going :)

Posted a Poulan 3400 vs Poulan 5020 video - put it in the main forum but I figure it should be posted here for Poulan experts/fans.

Let me know what you think - and comment in youtube if you like - trying to get my channel going :)

IMHO a 24" bar is way too much for a 3400, I mean it's a 56cc,old technonogy saw, a 20"er is the most I want to run on my 65cc Poulan 4000 in hardwood. If you want it to perform put an 18"er on it. Never ran a 5020 but being 50cc's an 18"er is the most I'd run on it too.

I'm not worried about it. I've enjoyed watching folks go on buying frenzies as if we're going to get a snow storm. Never have figured out why folks buy milk and eggs. Power goes out you can't cook and if it stays out long enough they will spoil.

Steve Sidwell
If I was worried, I'd get me a bio suit.

I would use the wood stove and the big freezer outside.

Starting to look like spring here.
726d347b0a71d248274ef43314b98ba7.jpg
5214cffab910a061cbbe2a92f43f0cde.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Did not watch the video but I already know that 5020 would not stand a chance against a 3400.

Did not watch the video but I already know that 5020 would not stand a chance against a 3400.
What 3Kfps said, IMHO, the 3400 out of the box will have the highest ratio of torque to HP over the other saws with the same stroke in this series, 3700, 3800, 4000 and others. Because to 3400 has the smallest bore for the same stroke length, it has higher torque per displacement! Long stroke delivers toque every time and because the bore is the smallest for the same stroke it has the highest ratio of toque to HP, torque is what pulls the chain threw wood.

Ken

Latest posts

Back