Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when I was younger my dad would buy the Amoco fuel 93 octane for his hot rods because he said it burned cleaner. Interesting stuff here though I’ve found white gas octane ratings from 50 to 115. Must depend on the manufacturer

Here is my red Poulan 3700 cutting a torch. It is a very good running thin ring Craftsman 3.7/18. It is truly awesome what a little battery powered Dremel can do on one charge. Lol, listen to that saw turning some strong RPMs, and making sawdust.

Thanks Tim.

I’ve got a Sunbelt big bore 3400 kit, but note that these are “patchwork kits” at best because of the different than OEM sized piston & rings.

The white paper box is labeled Poulan 3400, yet the piston/cylinder is 3700 bore sized at 1.876” & it uses custom thick rings. WTF? It should be labeled a “Poulan 3700 thick” , lol.

However, the piston casting & machining quality, plus the chrome replate on the bore look very good. It will be a good runner if I ever put it on a saw.

You could never find the correct size Sunbelt replacement rings if you wanted to...kind of like all the little red barn AFM pistons. The 3800 rings will work for spares, after file fitting the proper 0.071” end gaps though.

View attachment 804008
Well, think of it this way, the 3400 cylinder was probably overbored to be cleaned up to be chromed and is why they are now larger bored. They were sold as inexpensive replacement parts back then. And they did there job pretty well. No one cared about replacement rings, just replace the whole kit if needed.

But your right, about not finding pistons etc. I have a Sunbelt cyl here for a 245 but it came without a piston and I will never find a piston that size to fit it. Might make a paper weight out of it.

Hey Mark how are you? My shoulders are still cranking but my thumbs are plenty messed up. If they don't get fixed soon I'll likely lose my primate status.
I'm hanging in there Tim. I am happy today that my latest MRI shows I won't need another surgery now. The thing is I got carried away and thought I tore something is why I had to have another MRI to begin with. I have been getting yelled at a lot. The Dr, the therapy people, wife, kids, friends etc all are on me, this not being able to do much is killing me..

as far as the crank seals for the 5200 and other similar models go I ordered the seals from www.3BGsupply.com at $3.00 each. and a flat $9.95 shipping no matter how many ordered.

The catch is you have to buy a minimum of three. Still at that price it’s cheaper than OEM. I do suggest you call 3BG instead of just ordering online as you will receive them quicker. Usually within 4 business day’s

I doubt very much only two exist. Maybe only two known about on here. It's not much of a big bore over stock. I believe they did 3400's as well.
Yes they did 3400's. I've got 2 3400's and a 3700 that were re-manufactured. Also have a 3000 and a couple of 2300's

as far as the crank seals for the 5200 and other similar models go I ordered the seals from www.3BGsupply.com at $3.00 each. and a flat $9.95 shipping no matter how many ordered.

The catch is you have to buy a minimum of three. Still at that price it’s cheaper than OEM. I do suggest you call 3BG instead of just ordering online as you will receive them quicker. Usually within 4 business day’s

I just went through some of my more used Poulan seals in my seal list and that place don't have not one of them. Not even the Dichtomatic seals I use. So I guess I have no need to get any seals from them. My local bearing house can get all the Dichtomatic seals.

I just went through some of my more used Poulan seals in my seal list and that place don't have not one of them. Not even the Dichtomatic seals I use. So I guess I have no need to get any seals from them. My local bearing house can get all the Dichtomatic seals.
My post was about crank seals for the 5200 and like saws that take the 17x28.5x6mm crank seal not Poulan saws in general. :pingpong:

Hey guys. Which Poulan saws are of the same family as the Husqvarna 36, 41, 136, 141? I know the 295 and 2900. What about the 2750? Any other?

Hey guys. Which Poulan saws are of the same family as the Husqvarna 36, 41, 136, 141? I know the 295 and 2900. What about the 2750? Any other?
2200 2500 2750 2775 2900 3050 PP 295, PP 4620. There was a 40cc Poulan pro in this series I think a PP 250 255 or something like that and a 49cc Poulan pro 315? I think the smallest branded as a Poulan was 40cc nothing smaller like the Husky 36, 136 was. I could be forgetting though.

Latest posts

Back