Project Stumpbroke 365xt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
Got a brand new 365xt with the HD filter setup to be Stumpbroke here.
100_2381.jpg

100_2382.jpg

Here's the stock vid with a 28" B&C & 7 pin rim
[video=youtube_share;QGcJopuPE9U]http://youtu.be/QGcJopuPE9U[/video]

Here's a few of the differences in the cylinders between the old 372 & the new xt "strato" versions.

Non xt cyl
100_2392.jpg

New xt cyl
100_2391.jpg

The new xt is on the right
100_2393.jpg

100_2394.jpg

The flywheels are also different. The new xt on the right has 4 more fins than the older one
100_2385.jpg

Good to see you around Stumpy. How ya been?

Thanks Brad. I've been doin good the last week or so. I've had to take some time to re prioritize my life. I haven't been keeping God first & everything has suffered. Now that I've got Him first things are going much better. Now I just got to keep it that way. I believe part of his plan for me is to use these chainsaws as a way to sow His seeds. He's given me a way to reach people all over the world & I have failed miserably at it. I won't be thumpin people on the head with a Bilble or nuthing, just do my best to spread the gospel & let anybody who will listen about what Jesus has done for us.
I'll admit it's not the most conventional way to spread the Word, and not sure why He's chosen me to do it but I'm excited about the mission He has for me.

Another thing that I'll have to work on is getting enough flow to the lower transfers. The are pretty shrouded by the lower part of the cylinder.

I had a spare case half to set up to show how much room is lost.
Old 372 cyl
100_2396.jpg

New cyl
100_2395.jpg

Another thing that I'll have to work on is getting enough flow to the lower transfers. The are pretty shrouded by the lower part of the cylinder.

I had a spare case half to set up to show how much room is lost.
Old 372 cyl
100_2396.jpg

New cyl
100_2395.jpg

Good to see ya around Stump!

WATCH YOURSELF IN THOSE LOWERS!!!!

Really easy to get into the cover screws, then its kaput. Also gets mighty thin right there once you start cuttin the base....

I cut the squishband & the base. Notice how much smaller the lower transfers are than the gasket. I'll solve that problem:msp_wink:
100_2400.jpg

Not much room to widen the intake
100_2402.jpg

the upper transfers should be fairly easy to deal with since the xt has removable covers.
100_2403.jpg

Plenty of room to widen the exhaust.
100_2398.jpg

Good to see ya around Stump!

WATCH YOURSELF IN THOSE LOWERS!!!!

Really easy to get into the cover screws, then its kaput. Also gets mighty thin right there once you start cuttin the base....

Thanks for the heads up buddy:rock: but I have to admit, this saw is already done. I just have a habit of wording the posts as if I'm in the middle of the job. Which is usually the case.

I was able to get the lowers the way I wanted them without issues.

The best thing since sliced bread, removable transfer covers.
100_2408.jpg

Here is the only thing that separates the 365xt & the 372xt top end is the covers. The 365 has a divider to reduce flow. I have a well used 372xt here also so I was able to get a side by side photo of the difference.
365 is on the left
100_2410.jpg

100_2411.jpg

With a lil help from a carbide bit I was able to fix the problem.
100_2412.jpg

Now some pics of the finished portwork.
100_2416.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_2423.jpg

100_2418.jpg

100_2422.jpg

You can see here how I raised the skirts of the cyl to unshroud the lower transfers. I intended on getting a after pis with the cyl mounted on the bare case half to show the improvement, but I forgot. I also forgot to get any pics of the work I done to the piston.
100_2424.jpg

Last edited:
great to see you back, cant wait to see how this turns out! should be sending you my 372xt within the month im hoping!! :cool2:

Another thing I forgot to get a pic of was the work I done to the carb. All that was done to it was I thinned the screws to improve flow.

I did get some pics of the muffler though.
100_2413.jpg

100_2414.jpg

100_2415.jpg

100_2425.jpg

Thats all the pics I got. how about some vids??
You don't even have to wait. I even edited it so that the stock & modded vids are one. I had my youngest boy runnin the camera for the modded vid so it was cut a lil bit short.
[video=youtube;klZem0_sFYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZem0_sFYg&feature=share&list=ULklZem0_sFYg[/video]

Back