• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rancher 61 Needs a new home

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpmMan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New member .. only joined because i have a husqvarna rancher 61 i bought new in 99-80 or so...
At the time i was heating our first house with wood and had burned up a pos mucollaugh in short order...
the dealer i went to had husq and jonsereds... i was really drooling over a jonsered 120 or something that they called the beast... all metal no plastic but it was too rich for me.. i settled on the rancher as it was lacking any safety features (a major selling point) i.e. no crappy chain brake... etc...

it needs some carb work... i bought a rasiman? replacement for the original tillotson.. and while it runs it wont prime.. have to remove top , filter , drip in some gas and then it runs... but stalls out often... starts right back up..

anyways if there is anyone interested i would part with it for the cost of shipping and say $25.00... i am currently in pensacola fl so if you swing by here you can have it...

Note that i have all the original paperwork, and parts except bar, chain,...i also recently installed a new sprocket ... but still have the old one which i suspect is original...

I would have posted this in the for sale section but as a new user am not currently allowed..

thanks

rich

I sent you a PM.
My dad had one of these. He doesn't have it anymore. It was his first new chainsaw. He loved it. Maybe I'll buy it and fix it for him.

Hello, I will give 25.00 and pay for shipping. Call Jim at 918 429 9410. I have two of them. I would like to have your saw.

ok.. dont want to upset the cart but captain you are a maybe? .. and rhyne is a i will take it.. i have no clue what shipping will be .. need to get it boxed up and weighed..

i will go ahead and get started on that .. (we get a lot of mn and other folks down here in the winter.. was kinda hoping someone would say i will be there in march...)

i would prefer payment by personal check .. if that is ok

it has been a solid machine for me .. but is really a young mans tool... too heavy and tough to pull for this old man..

rich

My wife's dad lives in Tallahassee. He might be able to get the saw. Are you in a rush?

Rhyne.. no rush.. no worries...

lots of pine trees between here and there.. i will give you a call

rich

Back