roasted stink bug anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
Had the chimney swept about a month ago...guy comes through and does like six houses all in the same day so he cuts us all a deal. Well, in the meantime about a thousand stink bugs have taken up refuge in the stove/chimney. Here in PA its been chilly and damp for what seems like forever. I was out cutting/splitting/stacking all day and felt a little chilly when I came in. Hot shower didn't fix it and I figured since im the one cutting/splitting/stacking I'll fire up my stove whenever I darn well feel like it. Tonight is the night! First fire ogf the season, much to the dismay of all the stink bugs that thought they had a home for the winter. I stopped counting after about 100 dropped onto the fire all at once. Had a nice snap crackle pop going for about 5 minutes!

Burning the little stove the last two nights - I could hear 'em bouncing around in the chimney last night, but it's quiet now! I hate those things - in the winter when I snag them with a tissue I throw them in the stove. They can stink all they want in there.

Had the chimney swept about a month ago...guy comes through and does like six houses all in the same day so he cuts us all a deal. Well, in the meantime about a thousand stink bugs have taken up refuge in the stove/chimney. Here in PA its been chilly and damp for what seems like forever. I was out cutting/splitting/stacking all day and felt a little chilly when I came in. Hot shower didn't fix it and I figured since im the one cutting/splitting/stacking I'll fire up my stove whenever I darn well feel like it. Tonight is the night! First fire ogf the season, much to the dismay of all the stink bugs that thought they had a home for the winter. I stopped counting after about 100 dropped onto the fire all at once. Had a nice snap crackle pop going for about 5 minutes!

Anyone have any idea what the BTU rating is for stink bugs?

After a week of warm weather the last few nights have sucked...cold and raining. So the wife asked me to fire off the insert just enough to drive out the dampness/chill. Same thing all over again. It's open season on the buggers! Had a little trouble getting a draft going last time so I lit a couple sheet of news print at the back of the box and oh boy did they start dropping! Loaded her up and had a another roasting!

And here, (based on thread title) I thought it was gonna be a recipie!
O well.....

Back