Roper 3.7 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see the clutch in the top of the picture above the socket. I'm sure the proper pin socket would have been better.

I've been thinking about making one out of a strip of 1/4" thick aluminum plate with 4 holes drilled in it with SAE bolts in the holes and having the strip as a handle, maybe hit it with a hammer to loosen the clutch. Still in the thinking stage on this. I kinda like the ground down socket also, easier to use an impact wrench with it.

Like I said, it took a 1/2 impact to remove it. I sort of think it was aluminum, but that's been a long time.

I've used punch and hammer for a lot of clutches, but met my match with this one. Recently, my punch and hammer cost me $25 for another clutch on a 2400. I tapped on the spring retainer and that was a mistake.

8.jpg

Dsell, watched your vid on you starting and cutting with yours. Yours pulls over real easy. Without that decompression valve on mine that's over the muffler, mine would pull your shoulder out of place.
82a27170ccbc65b6e041cf105528c0ed.jpg

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

On the Poulans I've taken two Phillips screwdrivers and inserted them in the holes and clamped the handles together with an automotive heater hose clamp then used a crowbar to turn it. You usually have to have a piston stop when you do it this way. My Roper appears to be too tight to do it like this so I'm going the impact tool route.

Latest posts

Back