Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrounging firewood

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by mainewoods, Feb 23, 2014.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff Addicted to ArboristSite

Yeah I think you have to. It’s one of those things every tourist who comes here does. Jim o the mills tonight!

2. JustJeff

That’s hilarious. Musta been a poulan, he had to pull it a lot!

3. Cowboy254

Cowboy254 Chainsawing meathead

Depends on the species, I think. Blue gum certainly does if you have had it shut down overnight then open it up in the morning.

4. bigfellascott

bigfellascott ArboristSite Operative

Yeah burnt a few bits of wood here and there that spark a bit at times, I couldn't tell you what they were now though, all I know is it's wood burn it, that's pretty much how it goes for me and firewood collecting. We've got 3 loads to cut tomorrow which should be interesting for this fat barstard:crazy:

5. nighthunter

nighthunter addicted to arboristsite

that place should be busy so clear your schedule for tomorrow as you'll still be there

Cowboy254, chipper1, JustJeff and 3 others like this.
  6. JustJeff

Hopefully it’s busy enough to be fun but not so busy we can’t get a table. Looking forward to checking it out.

7. nighthunter

Hopefully it'll be lively, never been there on a night that wasn't. It's a pity that I'm working away from home this week or I'd join you in a heartbeat :(

8. JustJeff

Darn it, that settles it then. I’m just going to have to come back to Ireland! Too bad, it would be welcome company.

9. nighthunter

Yeah timing sucks to be honest, if you do come back give me plenty of notice so we can make things work, how are you liking it here

Cowboy254, chipper1 and Dahmer like this.
  10. JustJeff

It’s the vacation of a lifetime. Ireland is so beautiful in its impossible ruggedness and every shade of green. It truly is the Emerald Isle. We’ve done a fair bit of the wild Atlantic way and every 50 ft you want to stop and take a picture. Loving the rich culture and the friendly people.

11. Dahmer

Dahmer Addicted to ArboristSite

Anybody near Frankenmuth MI? Wife and I are going up for 4 days at Thanksgiving. Any good saw shops in the area?

12. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

@Flint Mitch is out that way, and quite a few guys from another forum firewood hoarders.
    I'm about an 1.5hrs straight west of flint which you will go right thru.
    As far as saw shops go I don't frequent them often, they are like gas stations, if you go in you will spend money :laugh:.
    If you need anything while up here feel free to contact me, I'll shoot you my contact info.

13. Flint Mitch

Flint Mitch ArboristSite Operative

I am from that general area! Leo's saw shop in Clio is a good small Stihl dealer. There is a large John Deer/Stihl dealer in Frankenmuth, but I'm not a fan. Frankenmuth is a fun place, but be prepared to spend some money in the many tourist trap shops!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

14. Flint Mitch

Flint Mitch ArboristSite Operative

There is also Card Brothers Equipment in Chesaning which is a Dolmar dealer. Was only in there once to fondle a few saws, but it seemed like a decent place

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

15. Dahmer

This is our 5th trip up there. Nice town and friendly people. Wife needs a get away. Might have to check out that Dolmar dealer.

16. JustJeff

Frankenmuth is a cute little place. The chicken dinner is worth having once in your life. We used to go quite regularly and stay at birch run at a campground. Outlet mall is great for the wife and kids. I always looked at that trip as paying it forward for the times that I wanted something. Lol. I saw absolutely no deals on Craig’s list in central Michigan, somebody there snaps up everything! I won’t mention his name but will just look at him and whistle...:innocent: @chipper1

17. Dahmer

Already have reservations at Zender’s for Thanksgiving dinner. Can’t remember when but one year for their Thanksgiving buffet they had 7,771 people go thru. That place has good food.

18. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

I'm not the only one up here that grabs them up(although I've gotten a few :cool:), there are still plenty of deals to be had as I don't usually run over there unless it's a real sweet deal on something I have to have or I have a couple deals lined up. When I go out there it's usually for splitters and quads or kids dirt bikes, I make good money on them, saws are more for the fun of it.

19. 95custmz

95custmz ArboristSite Guru

Local Mulberry scrounge. Two truck loads. Just had to pick it up, as it was already down and cut up. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Buckshot00

Buckshot00 00

Love the dog-Holstein style.