Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This old ford looks kick ass with them tires on it!!

I love stock steel wheels with slightly oversized mudders[emoji41]

ebed11ebf3c7284d88d168708cfb1667.jpg

Here is mine

2e1d34667e62d4fb479e4e45b33ce7c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This old ford looks kick ass with them tires on it!!

I love stock steel wheels with slightly oversized mudders[emoji41]

ebed11ebf3c7284d88d168708cfb1667.jpg

Here is mine

2e1d34667e62d4fb479e4e45b33ce7c8.jpg

Dont have pictures of ours but it's got 31x10.5 and they look tiny. Being a 302/auto truck I wouldn't want any bigger but 33s would fit with room to work.

Well , yesterday was around 20F and sunny but 20mph to 40mph winds so it would have been miserable at the pit because it's elevated and wide open .
Then I thot "No blackflies or Dropbears out there today !" , so off I went :)

Y4aPPZE.jpg

I decided to go up an older logging road , been through it several times over the years .
mkYUWWa.jpg

4ACGYro.jpg

a8i8AiS.jpg

Birch and maples close to the road , I dropped several and I'll go back with a tractor and winch to haul out log length .
Even saw that my buddy Porky was by .
qxq5QHy.jpg

6BCdCFK.jpg

Some else's unsuccessful scrounge
nrtM4v3.jpg

So , as I sauntered on down the road at a nice leisurely pace scanning the tree tops
qcLEzwe.jpg

xvvyuZf.jpg

Notice that slope to the right down the hill ...
n3miCGD.jpg

2cmdZXn.jpg

FFS :mad:
I tried a few things but no go , I had left the Tirfors at home so I called Jerry and then walked out to the main road .
wwsfOE3.jpg

2Bqo7wJ.jpg

5b0JTAw.jpg

A bit of ice chipping with the Peavy and a tug got me out .
Maybe 33" tires would have helped ?
Same weather today , polly be out there this afternoon , no Blackflies or Dropbears to be seen for miles :dumb:

So , as I sauntered on down the road at a nice leisurely pace scanning the tree tops
qcLEzwe.jpg

xvvyuZf.jpg

n3miCGD.jpg

2cmdZXn.jpg

I tried a few things but no go , I had left the Tirfors at home so I called Jerry and then walked out to the main road .
wwsfOE3.jpg

2Bqo7wJ.jpg

5b0JTAw.jpg

Same weather today , polly be out there this afternoon , no Blackflies or Dropbears to be seen for miles :dumb:
My first thought was a bumper mounted winch and something to anchor in the ice to pull against forget what there called. Or just hook it to a tree and pull out.

My first thought was a bumper mounted winch and something to anchor in the ice to pull against forget what there called. Or just hook it to a tree and pull out.

It's not like I don't own an electric winch or three lol

Those porky's are destructive rodents!

Is it just me, or do these pics take forever to come up for everyone?
Yeah it is slow for me too....for a while last night I couldn't even get on, however I had notifications when I finally did get in, which means some folks are having trouble and others arent.

Been clearing ATV trails on my gf's property since last spring. Finally got the perimeter trail done. Just after we got there we heard a quad on the adjacent property. Went down the trail a bit and just across the creek/property line was the property owner cutting a MONSTER oak blowdown. With a HOOSKVAHNA. I've never jumped across a creek so fast. I wanted to meet the neighbors so ya know....old school social networking. Turns out he is a full time forester for the state. SCORE. We will be having many conversations with that guy I think....

By battery blanket is installed and block heater on the way. Just put the bumper plug in last week. Going to install another for the block heater
ef660c4f53625aee2b390678c0a09f71.jpg
0ec7ea50f815c82be7f974a6d2cfdfae.jpg

Nice. I just have the cord hanging out of my hood. I didn’t have the truck plugged in last night though.

qcLEzwe.jpg

xvvyuZf.jpg

n3miCGD.jpg

2cmdZXn.jpg

wwsfOE3.jpg

2Bqo7wJ.jpg

5b0JTAw.jpg

35’s and re-gear.[emoji41][emoji41]

I went from stock 33’s to 35’s and re-geared to 4.88’s

Back