Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or a skidding winch :laugh:.
This was one of the last real good ones. If you go any deeper and the winch blade gets in it your in trouble. As it was I had to hook my pulley as high as I could.
View attachment 713731

Thats a nightmare [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was recently musing about that a few days ago when a customer rings me on my day off, panicking about a (what would be large but the scale keeps getting nudged out these days so I'll call it small-ish at about 60' tall) gum tree (damn-it they are salignas too - the salignas are stalking me) that broke its moorings in that morning's breeze and is hung in two other trees precariously above the new living quarters she decided to build under them just a year ago.

I mean, c'mon. As I'm learning myself, stoopid gets expensive. It's one of those jobs where I have to drop about 6 trees all about the 60' height, in order to get that one tree down without damaging the new digs, fingers crossed. It's currently well hung up so won't go any further in a hurry, which will give her some time to save for a job that's going to cost her more than she just spent on the new shack she is trying to save. Will get back to it if I ever make it out of the gum gully alive. Come to think of it, I wonder if we can get a crane in, pick the shack up and move it out of the way, drop that one hung tree, and put the shack back all for cheaper than dropping all the other trees. I mean, let's leave those remaining trees for another (windy) day ;-)

Not

I had to crawl through my trunk yesterday to get the car doors open. I'm too old for that crap! ;)

That's how we judged who had the best 4x4. It was whoever got stuck furthest from home.
That's not even funny, the drivers inside door handle on my suburban just stopped working, and so did the passengers rear inside handle :nofunny:. The good thing is the outside handle still works as do the windows, that and I have a parts truck here to grab any needed parts off of :clap:.
I had a buddy who would have won that contest, unfortunately I won it with him many times, I should have know better :dumb::lol:.

need to fill that ford up for better traction. you probably need to go to the @Logger nate how to load firewood in a ford class.:laugh:
My loads aren’t that big, have to be nice to the ole ford;)DD66836C-0356-4DDB-9F3F-9BB291F2D124.jpegNow my buddy Scott and my son on the other hand have been to the class...33EBB929-A92C-46FF-8360-7811F2F42955.jpeg0AB5AC40-FD52-4741-AF0E-0A9846BA43DB.jpeg 73B9C1BD-7FD5-47AD-BCA7-4D843EEB9B12.jpeg:numberone:

Guess it’s still winter, had -20 couple days ago286F60A4-5B12-4BD4-8931-5C574718A074.jpegstove was crankin out some good heat from the lodge pole pine. And speaking of snow flakes looks like we might get a few this weekend :)2A6D96D4-ADC3-426C-B110-7358D6B3C290.png

My loads aren’t that big, have to be nice to the ole ford;)View attachment 714061Now my buddy Scott and my son on the other hand have been to the class...View attachment 714059View attachment 714060 View attachment 714058:numberone:

Guess it’s still winter, had -20 couple days agoView attachment 714062stove was crankin out some good heat from the lodge pole pine. And speaking of snow flakes looks like we might get a few this weekend :)View attachment 714063
A couple more rounds on that Ford and you could use the hitch ball for plowing a furrow.

Had the chance to get away with the wife to Upstate PA. Couple of pics from Pinchot State Park near Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
I was confused:crazy: because pinchot state park is only a few minutes from me. Had to Google it. Pinchot state FOREST is in Wilkes Barre.

Well we've had some pretty intense weather.

Last week was the coldest week of the year and a spot 50 miles south of here hit -56 (true temp) which is 4 degrees away from the all time low for the state.

This week it snowed multiple inches every day and we accumulated about 18" from Sunday night to Thursday evening.

This morning it was -35 again.

Haven't had time to do much of anything lately. Did get to watch the deer and foxes alot when it got cold. The foxes love to eat corn and sunflower seeds. I had a freezer fail and fed them some fish and about 35 lbs of venison which the devoured with glee. Have 3 grey foxes and one big red fox that rules the roost.

Back