Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 738330 If you’re laying on a beach, never forget this one.
20190527_104612.jpg My grandfather gave me this yesterday. He was with the 2nd during the invasion of Germany. In his mind the men that stormed the beaches were some of the bravest men to ever walk the planet.
Hope you all had a good memorial day.

Hey I see 55 parts....want a couple saws to put together so you can use that recoil and clutch cover.....
If you look under the drawer in the bench you'll see the 55 carcass those covers came off of. Theres a 51 P&C on the shelf for it that Del sent me. Other then that I need basicly everything but bearings and seals and maybe those to. Was supposed to be my first project saw but i decided it would be a better parts saw.

The easy fixes go on the bench next. The ones that require time or money get put on the back burner until winter. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoping to have insulation and drywall or plywood up for next winter. Hard to keep an old chicken shed warm with a box heater and no insulation. Wanted it done for this past winter but it didn't happen.

As my Dad (also a WW II Vet) used to say "the real heroes are buried on foreign soil".

He was in the reserves when the war broke out, and they reclassified his Artillery unit to 771 Tank Destroyers.

This was their symbol, a latter group stole their name!

Tank_Destroyer_Forces_%28unofficial%29_logo.jpg

Battery would be stealthy , that coupled with a battery saw and a Tesla could turn someone into a Wood Scrounging Ninja lol
Could be a new take on "Midnight Autos".

But I could rant for days about Tesla ;-)
this is not the ninja scroungers vehicle of choice. Nothing stealthy about burning the whole forest down, unless that's one heck of a distraction to escape detection:

As my Dad (also a WW II Vet) used to say "the real heroes are buried on foreign soil".

He was in the reserves when the war broke out, and they reclassified his Artillery unit to 771 Tank Destroyers.

That was a tough job. The German tanks had us out gunned and out armoured for a good period of the early part of the war.

Had to share the picture of the play structure i finished making today with the American flage PROUDLY flying!!

I will never forget the sacrifices made for me to have the freedom to be able to build this for my son.
[emoji41][emoji41][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

f702c9b68103a705ba6dd2280ec64ea3.jpg

9d45a11f8bc3974c74fded1163242996.jpg
8acc10d1f4edb849581d19aafda4448c.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Had to share the picture of the play structure i finished making today with the American flage PROUDLY flying!!

I will never forget the sacrifices made for me to have the freedom to be able to build this for my son.
[emoji41][emoji41][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

f702c9b68103a705ba6dd2280ec64ea3.jpg

9d45a11f8bc3974c74fded1163242996.jpg
8acc10d1f4edb849581d19aafda4448c.jpg

beats the pants off that one in the background.

Very nice. My grandpa’s cousin was in the 899th TD battalion. I have his Purple Heart.

I have a bowl with a similar emblem.

Enjoying probably the last mosquito free “weekend” evening till fall.

View attachment 738364

You forgot to tie your shoelaces.....

Oh..... wait......[emoji1787].

Enjoy sir! They just started biting today here. Have seen them but they have been “non-bitey” for a few weeks.

Back