Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about going out, but it hit 90 here today, so...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had the same thought. Cleaned the chimney instead. Go ahead judge me. Thats a beer on the roof.
b7497ce09de8a179d398904fb5f625a0.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I had the same thought. Cleaned the chimney instead. Go ahead judge me. Thats a beer on the roof.
b7497ce09de8a179d398904fb5f625a0.jpg

That looks like hot work, I clean mine from the bottom up (in the air conditioning to boot!)...

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_175925727.jpg
    IMG_20190307_175925727.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20190313_165519351_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190313_165519351_HDR.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20190220_150054510_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190220_150054510_HDR.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 22
That looks like hot work, I clean mine from the bottom up (in the air conditioning to boot!)...

I dont have (or want) AC.

I dont like bottom up cleaning. I dont like taking the chance of that nasty **** floating in the air in my house if a bag comes undone or somthing.

I have easy roof access from the porch with an 8 foot ladder.

Simply put a bucket in the stove under the stove pipe. Clean from the top, take bucket out and done.

SVK, if you have a vegetable garden, get rid of that critter fast!

I played with some epoxy today, repaired a window sill and used it on a sitting bench I'm making from a side slab of Hickory (half round). The Epoxy is both great and a PITA at the same time … I'm learning!

Part of the problem is, if you don't want to waste it, you don't have time to do what you started properly.

Was hot as heck today, but now it is raining, and the epoxy says I'm supposed to keep it above 75* for 3 days!!! We will see what happens.

SVK, if you have a vegetable garden, get rid of that critter fast!

I played with some epoxy today, repaired a window sill and used it on a sitting bench I'm making from a side slab of Hickory (half round). The Epoxy is both great and a PITA at the same time … I'm learning!

Part of the problem is, if you don't want to waste it, you don't have time to do what you started properly.

Was hot as heck today, but now it is raining, and the epoxy says I'm supposed to keep it above 75* for 3 days!!! We will see what happens.
No garden here, he can eat whatever he wants as long as it’s not my personal property!

Glad you found it, for those who didn't from either weak eyes or using a cell phone, here it is blown up a little.
Now that would be a nice scrounge :barbecue::sweet:.
View attachment 743465
sure would! have some backstrap still, along with hind quarter in freezer. plan to use the strap real soon... :D

Finally got a new to us truck. 2005 Dodge 1500, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, 4.7 L. It's spotless, no rust anywhere, frame is great. It was a rare find for around here. Cleanest, nicest vehicle we've had. It replaces an old worn out 1995 F150 2wd. The old ford is fairly rust free, came from Texas, but it's tired. Have it listed for $700, but I called junkyard and they'll pay $3-400. We'll see, but I want it gone asap.

The first day we had the truck it pulled 2 trailer loads of wood and the lawn mower. It still use my 1999 Honda Civic as my daily driver. View attachment 743444 View attachment 743445

looks like a nice ol truck! if it starts n runs, interior more ore less ok... it would go for $700.00 down here in a flash!

imo, you'd have a line....

DIY had 1 27yr old helper full time good wage. But after 1 gable (of 6) he demoted himself to assisting tear off and staging part time for a lot lower wage. It was one of those daughter's boy friend things. Claimed he had experience... Turned out not so much did 1 job and got axed. He didn't last long with her after she saw what a bottom feeder he was.

LOL, no need to draw a picture after that description! :laughing:

SVK, if you have a vegetable garden, get rid of that critter fast! I played with some epoxy today, repaired a window sill and used it on a sitting bench I'm making from a side slab of Hickory (half round). The Epoxy is both great and a PITA at the same time … I'm learning! Part of the problem is, if you don't want to waste it, you don't have time to do what you started properly. Was hot as heck today, but now it is raining, and the epoxy says I'm supposed to keep it above 75* for 3 days!!! We will see what happens.

I have been trying some rubber boot repairs with Shoe Goo. back seam split open and 2 2" splits on L side up front. always R boot. contact cemented the seam let set 5 days... then shoe goo. well spoke of product. followed some instr i found on utube i liked. let it sit maybe 10 days, more or less just cause I had other new pair and dint need them. the repair bonds have bonded up well, 3 days use couple hrs each day... still all holding. :D

I did note tube I got may have had some shelf life. amazon. first bit didn't flow as expected, but ok... rest of what I used then flowed as expected. not much, just enuff.

zsg.jpg

I don't love it in the winter - we have natural A/C then. But this weekend, when the heat / humidity index is forecasted to really get out of whack . . . yes. Philbert

I am from Seattle. I remember those miserable 4-6 weeks of hot temps during summer. I would not live up there w/o a/c... unless I lived in a mountain cabin at the tree line! :D

:p

No pics yet but I have a stacked long box load of balsam for fire pit wood. Will drop that off in the morning. It split fairly easily and since it was cut this spring and last fall it wasn’t as sappy as fresh cut would have been. I’m making a point to do that with balsam these days to cut down on the mess.

Have you thought about giving them an injection a few months before you plan to cut it to let it die and dry out a bit standing up?

Back