Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have (or want) AC.

I dont like bottom up cleaning. I dont like taking the chance of that nasty **** floating in the air in my house if a bag comes undone or somthing.

I have easy roof access from the porch with an 8 foot ladder.

Simply put a bucket in the stove under the stove pipe. Clean from the top, take bucket out and done.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I have a method for bottom up, my woodstove is built in and the chimney is a straight shot to the cap. When I sweep the ashes out at the very end of season (with a shop vac), I run the chimney at the same time, the shop vac pulls enough airflow that the dust/ash never leaves the stove. No bag, no mess...the hardest part is flipping the big flat fire brick in the stove that acts as a baffle

I get more stove dirt from opening the door when the thing is running...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No garden here, he can eat whatever he wants as long as it’s not my personal property!
Just watch you buildings, they like burrowing under them and cause structural grief...

I typically trap a half dozen or so per year just to keep up. Speaking of which...

I have been trying some rubber boot repairs with Shoe Goo. back seam split open and 2 2" splits on L side up front. always R boot. contact cemented the seam let set 5 days... then shoe goo. well spoke of product. followed some instr i found on utube i liked. let it sit maybe 10 days, more or less just cause I had other new pair and dint need them. the repair bonds have bonded up well, 3 days use couple hrs each day... still all holding. :D

I did note tube I got may have had some shelf life. amazon. first bit didn't flow as expected, but ok... rest of what I used then flowed as expected. not much, just enuff.

View attachment 743583
I've noted that about stuff from Amazon, it almost is an outlet for stuff that is of questionable quality and/or old. I've gotten some bad silicone sealant (obviously old) and off spec paint (wouldn't set up).

Thermometer says it’s 71 but I’m sweating just sitting in the shade. Chance of T storms till 9 pm.

Don’t know if I’ll get any wood cut tonight.
it rolled through here from 10 am till 3 pm leaving an inch of rain … happy with this round, but don't need anymore rain for a couple weeks!

it rolled through here from 10 am till 3 pm leaving an inch of rain … happy with this round, but don't need anymore rain for a couple weeks!
We haven’t had a lot up here recently, but enough to keep things wet. Except for noseeums the bugs haven’t been too bad.

not much here for biting bugs either … on the other hand tho, my potatoes are riddled with colorado potatoe bugs and I have sprayed twice since early june …. muds to deep to get in my overly wet wood yard with out tearing it up!... slow wood gathering this year for seasoning the coming winters supply!????? BTW.... please pass the salt and pepper .

We finally dried out a little more than a week ago, other than a passing shower; we've actually had some sunny and hot weather. I got two piles css and covered before the last rain event...that puts me about 4.5 to 5 cords ready. I still have my shed to fill, that's good for almost six cords by itself.

My one home built pallet is starting to go bad, I'll have to go buy some pressure treated 2x12s and 4x4s and build another. The original was just regular pine I had scrapped, been coating with used oil for over ten years...its finally getting soft. The others I have in pressure treated lumber, they look like they were just laid out and they are all of 5 years old. Anything to keep it off the ground

Back