Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the dog out for a longer walk down the road and I saw an old car in the woods. No idea what make or year, any one have a guess or is it to far gone.old car back.jpg old car front.jpg

Town came down the road and dropped some smaller stuff I can pick up with the tractor and clean up. Not a big pile but firewood is firewood.

Took the dog out for a longer walk down the road and I saw an old car in the woods. No idea what make or year, any one have a guess or is it to far gone.View attachment 792488 View attachment 792486

Town came down the road and dropped some smaller stuff I can pick up with the tractor and clean up. Not a big pile but firewood is firewood.
Looks like a Ford from the late 40s or early 50's judging by the taillights. Gramps used to drive one with that style taillight.

My floors been one disaster. Actually it will be fine but my expectations have been dialed down a bit.

Bare wood.

img20200123_204120.jpg

First coat.

img20200126_202908.jpg

Can see it got a little blotchy and rougher than I'd like. See how it comes out soon just put a second coat on about half an hour ago. Just a small room so it doesn't really have to be perfect. Will hardly see the floor when the furniture is put back.

img20200126_202824.jpg

My floors been one disaster. Actually it will be fine but my expectations have been dialed down a bit.

Bare wood.

View attachment 792522

First coat.

View attachment 792519

Can see it got a little blotchy and rougher than I'd like. See how it comes out soon just put a second coat on about half an hour ago. Just a small room so it doesn't really have to be perfect. Will hardly see the floor when the furniture is put back.

View attachment 792521
Redoing older floors goes that way. But you are doing good work and it looks nice. Just keep coating it till it looks how you want.

From my limited experience, contractors will tell you it will look great with 2 coats. After two coats mine looked just like that. So I asked the contractor how many coats on his own floor. He tells me “six”. He quoted me prep and two coats and agreed to do a third for NC. It looked pretty good.

Took the dog out for a longer walk down the road and I saw an old car in the woods. No idea what make or year, any one have a guess or is it to far gone.View attachment 792488 View attachment 792486

That’ll buff right out.

I know a guy....

Bare wood.

View attachment 792522

First coat.

View attachment 792519

View attachment 792521

Looks awesome! Nice work.

I'm with Steve, I think it's a 49-50 Ford. One of my grade school friends Dad had a 49 convertible. I forget how to tell the two apart.

Whoops lol.

I don't see them cheaper here anywhere for 84dl.
Yeah, that's a crazy good deal alright. They've nothing in .063. Makes me think about swapping everything currently all .063, to .058 to get all the good deals up there.

And, sadly, no good fish this morning. Just small fry that would barely pull drag.

1949-1951 Ford Deluxe.
201c9d46b0b80d30ea8cf198398fe1e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a crazy good deal alright. They've nothing in .063. Makes me think about swapping everything currently all .063, to .058 to get all the good deals up there.

And, sadly, no good fish this morning. Just small fry that would barely pull drag.
I've bought a good number of these sets and I don't typically run 063, I traded off a couple pairs of them for three 93 dl's for a 28" reduced weight Oregon I have, they were a little cheaper so it was still a great deal at $56 for three 93dl chains :rock:.
I still have some of these in the basement incase someone wants to buy a few chains or I have a need for them, for the most part I run 050, but I have a lot of 058 here so sometimes I'll run that if I don't have something ready to go in 050.

Bummer the fishing wasn't that great, but wasn't it better than working :D.

Here you go :).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-24-H45X-84-Square-Corner-Cutter-063-Gauge-84-Link-Chainsaw-2-Pack/352476545411?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.44.08 PM.png

I've bought a good number of these sets and I don't typically run 063, I traded off a couple pairs of them for three 93 dl's for a 32 reduced weight Oregon I have, they were a little cheaper so it was still a great deal at $56 for three 93dl chains :rock:.
I still have some of these in the basement incase someone wants to buy a few chains or I have a need for them, for the most part I run 050, but I have a lot of 058 here so sometimes I'll run that if I don't have something ready to go in 050.

Bummer the fishing wasn't that great, but wasn't it better than working :D.

Here you go :).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-24-H45X-84-Square-Corner-Cutter-063-Gauge-84-Link-Chainsaw-2-Pack/352476545411?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
View attachment 792620
Like so many on Ebay, they can't be arsed shipping downunder. Can't really blame them. I mean, the NZ backwater might as well be Nigeria and I'm a prince about to inherit a fortune, etc. I s'pose it doesn't matter to most in USA that NZ just ranked first equal (with Denmark)as the least corrupt country of about 180 in the latest transparency international report.

But still good to know, thanks. When I finish off the roll of Stihl RM I have here, I think I'll hit up a few of these USA ebayers and see if they'll ship to us out here in the sticks. it's gotten to the point that buying loops is cheaper than buying a roll.

Like so many on Ebay, they can't be arsed shipping downunder. Can't really blame them. I mean, the NZ backwater might as well be Nigeria and I'm a prince about to inherit a fortune, etc. I s'pose it doesn't matter to most in USA that NZ just ranked first equal (with Denmark)as the least corrupt country of about 180 in the latest transparency international report.

But still good to know, thanks. When I finish off the roll of Stihl RM I have here, I think I'll hit up a few of these USA ebayers and see if they'll ship to us out here in the sticks. it's gotten to the point that buying loops is cheaper than buying a roll.
It's not just the scams, shipping internationally can be time consuming(extra paperwork and postal employees as well as the shipper not being familiar with it) and the problems/time associated with it are not worth the troubles when the profits aren't there. I just shipped a saw no Northern Ireland a couple weeks ago, showed out for delivery, ends up coming to my house :rare2:, there's $120 and change USD gone :nofunny:. It should be delivered tomorrow, sure hope so :yes:.
The great thing about this particular deal, as with most of them, is the guy is very understanding and said we'll get it done. I imagine doing this with someone who isn't as understanding would be a real bummer!
Pretty sure most in the states haven't looked at the latest transparency international report :reading: :laughing:.
Where do most your supplies come from, Australia?

It's not just the scams, shipping internationally can be time consuming(extra paperwork and postal employees as well as the shipper not being familiar with it) and the problems/time associated with it are not worth the troubles when the profits aren't there. I just shipped a saw no Northern Ireland a couple weeks ago, showed out for delivery, ends up coming to my house :rare2:, there's $120 and change USD gone :nofunny:. It should be delivered tomorrow, sure hope so :yes:.
The great thing about this particular deal, as with most of them, is the guy is very understanding and said we'll get it done. I imagine doing this with someone who isn't as understanding would be a real bummer!
Pretty sure most in the states haven't looked at the latest transparency international report :reading: :laughing:.
Where do most your supplies come from, Australia?
those that can be bothered selling to lil NZ often use the eBay global shipping program. It's easiest for them but often prohibitively expensive for us. Shipping chain doesn't often work out well BC of the weight based shipping costs.at least in rolls. Maybe there are set-price boxes loops could fit into?
Chainsaw stuff is sourced from USA, aus and locally. Pretty much the same for most powertools. Unfortunately often it rolls through an Aussie distributor who clips the ticket then onto a NZ distributor and the NZ end consumer has to bend over and ask for more.

Latest posts

Back