Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a foot and a half of snow two weeks ago. The county Teamsters were on strike over failed contract negotiations....so only the supervisors were plowing the roads. The roads were plowed but the public landing parking lot near my house looked similar to that one and I am surprised those vehicles got out!!
That’s no good.
Wasn’t sure if I was going to make it in and out of there or not but thankfully they just started plowing before I got there and they made a trail for me.

Been lucky cutting lately (I should shut up), but I missed a large nail that was on the downside of a log in back of my house by about an inch, and noodling at my daughters I just missed a buckle and some wires that revealed themselves when we were splitting. Just dumb luck, did not see either one in advance.

Corruption is huge. Lots of under the table dealings. But you already know that being you worked in accounting!!

No Auditing, I retired from NYS as an Audit Manager and Certified Fraud Examiner. I found things that the Medicaid Auditors missed that resulted in changes to the Medicaid Law that will save NY taxpayers money for a long time!

FS, Oak does not seem to dry unless it has been both cut and split. However, if it was cut to length a long time ago, it seems to dry much faster after you split it.
I split and stacked a 1/2 cord of that wood as soon as I brought it home last year. Never covered till about a week ago. I checked it with the MM about a month ago and it was around 18%. The noodled rounds I just split were a bit lighter than some of the whole rounds I had. It will get all day full sun the next 9 months so I'm hoping it dries good.

It will get all day full sun the next 9 months so I'm hoping it dries good.
That's what I need :havingarest:.
Really missing the sun :baba:. I could care less if it was zero out(merican), I start dragging bad when its like this for as long as it has been. Seems worse than normal this yr, not sure if its me getting old, or its actually worse this year :rare2:.

I live in the communist state of Virginia. Any gun that holds over 10 rounds is an assault rifle. Any gun with threads on the end of the barrel is considered an assault rifle.
I live in the extreme southwest portion of the state where we still hunt and raise a lot of our food. If and when they try to remove these guns it will be bad for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little off topic, but this appears to be the AS chat thread.

Is there a place to post up general Merica stuff for sale/trade? I see the saw post and mostly AS related items. But, what about Like, man stuff that goes bang or goes along with bang bang skeet skeet items? Sorry for the off topic, I’ll take my lashes if I must.

This is why I dont really like scrounging close to the road. Hit one changed saws and moved a couple of inches away hit moreView attachment 792797 View attachment 792798 View attachment 792799 View attachment 792800
Ouch!!

I’ve been lucky so far, and I’ve cleared many a fence rows over the years. I have a few in my woods where you can see the old fence, with the tree grown around it. I’m hoping not to have to cut into those suckers any time soon.

I have enough white ash still to keep me busy for a while, if I can get it before the rot does.

Latest posts

Back