Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was hard to hit the like button Mark, that’s one of my fears when cutting “yard trees”. At the old house I found a few bullets in trees, luckily when splitting not cutting

Been there . My cousin has a an old musket ball he took out of a tree many years ago 20150928_150859.jpg

Little off topic, but this appears to be the AS chat thread.

Is there a place to post up general Merica stuff for sale/trade? I see the saw post and mostly AS related items. But, what about Like, man stuff that goes bang or goes along with bang bang skeet skeet items? Sorry for the off topic, I’ll take my lashes if I must.
Not necessarily, but I may be interested in some of the skeet offerings :).
Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like. Not sure if anyone else here would mind if you mentioned what models you're looking to let go of here, but I don't. We can get a bit off topic, in here at times, but at least what your talking about has scrounging wood involved lol.

Not necessarily, but I may be interested in some of the skeet offerings :).
Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like. Not sure if anyone else here would mind if you mentioned what models you're looking to let go of here, but I don't. We can get a bit off topic, in here at times, but at least what your talking about has scrounging wood involved lol.
Thanks brother.

It’s all wood involved, and it’s to raise money to get tools to scrounge more wood! LOL

Cherry, maple, black locust, oak! 4 most common for me. Man i LOVE splitting wood. A simple task that is rewarding more than a few times.

dont mind the trike. The wood pile is a long way from the house

Attachments

• 6A8C560E-11F0-4441-A962-BF9CE8F529AA.jpeg
    6A8C560E-11F0-4441-A962-BF9CE8F529AA.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
Cherry, maple, black locust, oak! 4 most common for me. Man i LOVE splitting wood. A simple task that is rewarding more than a few times.

Wood will heat you several times... tis why it’s my favorite hear source.

Got the rest of the Norway pine hauled in, noodled, split, and stacked. I ended up needing to haul the 8500 up the hill because the 16” bar on the 130 didn’t cut through the bottom of the last few pieces.

That stump piece was pretty heavy!
View attachment 792289 View attachment 792290

A good way to haul a saw on a snowmobile. The early-mid 80’s sleds with big running boards were the best for this.
View attachment 792291

Only took me 21 minutes to go from rounds to finished splits. The 8500 is a noodling BEAST with a 20” bar.
View attachment 792292 View attachment 792293 View attachment 792294 View attachment 792295
I would use that as an excuse to make a scabbard!!

That's what I need :havingarest:.
Really missing the sun :baba:. I could care less if it was zero out(merican), I start dragging bad when its like this for as long as it has been. Seems worse than normal this yr, not sure if its me getting old, or its actually worse this year :rare2:.
Sounds like you guys have had quite a bit more rain and clouds than normal.
I didn’t realize how much it affects me, we had a few days of sun last week, couldn’t believe how much better I felt, had lots more energy, and actually wanted to do something, lol. I agree with ya, don’t mind the cold as long as the sun shining.

Just in time for the boogaloo...

I got a buddy who is convinced that dance number is coming sooner rather than later. He's got a war room( custom made bunker) in his basement with more rounds than the National Guard and is in the process of turning his abandoned silo into a observation/ shooting deck.

It really is enjoyable, and rewarding, and therapeutic .:)

Oh that’s funny! Great picture, did you have to chain it up to get to the wood pile? Lol

That's what I need :havingarest:.
Really missing the sun :baba:. I could care less if it was zero out(merican), I start dragging bad when its like this for as long as it has been. Seems worse than normal this yr, not sure if its me getting old, or its actually worse this year :rare2:.

Everything has been soaking wet for like a month with no sun. It is worse this year. But to be fair......your an old fart[emoji16]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Sounds like you guys have had quite a bit more rain and clouds than normal.
I didn’t realize how much it affects me, we had a few days of sun last week, couldn’t believe how much better I felt, had lots more energy, and actually wanted to do something, lol. I agree with ya, don’t mind the cold as long as the sun shining.
Yeah it certainly feels that way.
I know that feeling, hopefully we will get some sun soon :baba:.
I could use the sun, but I wouldn't mind some colder weather too; we're starting to get some mud, you'd think it was spring o_O.
Everything has been soaking wet for like a month with no sun. It is worse this year. But to be fair......your an old fart[emoji16]

When you think you'll stop by again?
:buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah it certainly feels that way.
I know that feeling, hopefully we will get some sun soon :baba:.
I could use the sun, but I wouldn't mind some colder weather too; we're starting to get some mud, you'd think it was spring o_O.

When you think you'll stop by again?
:buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Latest posts

Back