Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people make a business of out of putting up semi rare books for a highly inflated price online. Fools will often pay that much for them too.
I would sell mine to a fool, if they really wanted to pay that much. It's in really good shape, and I don't look at it that much.

Not sure why Amazon seems to refer me to 2, different listing for the same book. Not like the $779 and $149 offers are on the same listing.

Philbert

I would sell mine to a fool, if they really wanted to pay that much. It's in really good shape, and I don't look at it that much.

Not sure why Amazon seems to refer me to 2, different listing for the same book. Not like the $779 and $149 offers are on the same listing.

Philbert
Different ISBN and or printing date?

You … Only Have … One … Gun???? AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

People ask me "How many Saws do you have?"

Other's ask "How many Guns do you have?"

The answer to both questions is the same … I'm not really sure!!!
None, I lost them all (guns and saws) in a tragic boating accident on lake Erie.....

Holy F*** Word Batman!!!

I love this book - bought it 12 years ago. But this makes it look like I could trade it for a 70cc saw or a USG grinder! Especially, when a paperback version is due out in August for $34! I could live with paperback!
View attachment 793078

But, of course, when I check it again, there are many listed for $154, used in Good Condition. Not sure why the Amazon search engine is giving me such different results, and a near heart attack. Anyway, a great book for the enthusiast, and a reminder that there may be treasure sitting on your shelves.
View attachment 793081

Philbert
Reminds me of an M37 rebuild book I had by Dahl, it was about 20 years old, out of print, not many ever printed, mostly a collection of articles from various guys restoring M37s on the interweb...and to be serious, there aren't many M37s out there being restored, so how desirable is it anyway (and it really wasn't all that good either).

I paid something like $14.95 back then (new), I gave mine away with the M37 I sold last summer and the guy was about nuts over it, he couldn't imagine he would ever find a copy (let alone one that was like new), told me the last one he bid on sold for north of $200. I don't know about now, I haven't priced them recently, but I checked after he left and sure enough they were listed at various places for almost $200!

Book wasn't that desirable (ever), limited audience, and it's not even that good...I couldn't figure it out!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

View attachment 793193 View attachment 793195 View attachment 793198 But on a serious note. My grandfather brought this shotgun over with him in 1916 from Italy. Its a Belgium 16 gauge bird gun . Uses light loads . Made in Belgium late 1800s
My father has a Belgium Browning 12ga autoloader...same patina (I don't think they were ever "blued") sweet shooter. I watched him drop three passing ducks with three shots.

I think my great uncle told me it was one of the last out of Belgium before the war? He bought several when he bought it, kept this one for himself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My favorite shotgun is a Belgium made Browning A5. Made in 1948 and bought new by my Gramps. God rest his soul.

It’s at my local dealer getting some wood repaired from getting soaked while deer hunting one year where the handguard swelled, and the blueing touched up. I added a hastings rifled slug barrel to it about 10 years ago, and she turned into a deer slayer. Irons only, and she hits whatever you point at.

I retired her three seasons ago after building a 450BM AR.

Sounds like you guys have had quite a bit more rain and clouds than normal.
I didn’t realize how much it affects me, we had a few days of sun last week, couldn’t believe how much better I felt, had lots more energy, and actually wanted to do something, lol. I agree with ya, don’t mind the cold as long as the sun shining.

Plenty of sunshine down here. We're looking at 111°F tomorrow - good scrounge seasoning weather.

Back