Smaller skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustyw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So a while ago I posted about getting a trencher and turning it into a mini skidder. Well I have been looking all over for something. I just wanted a platform to start with and then modify it from there. Well a short trip into Indiana and I came home with this, by no means a trencher, but when I get it finished I think it will work good.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 493
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 489
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 402
2 rear ends from Allis chalmers tractors Chevy 350 with open headers manual transmission. Hoping to have it completed by next winter lots os ideas flowing through my head. Maybe smaller engine, less noise, hydraulic winch, full roll cage and lots more!!

So a while ago I posted about getting a trencher and turning it into a mini skidder. Well I have been looking all over for something. I just wanted a platform to start with and then modify it from there. Well a short trip into Indiana and I came home with this, by no means a trencher, but when I get it finished I think it will work good.

That's slick! What did it start out as?

Critter! I have been known to have the creative juices flowing and build stuff like that...
350 would be fine, mufflers...
Not so sure about the chain drive, seems a little weak in comparison to the rest of the setup.

Needs a new clutch, going to be a couple of weeks until I have some free time, farming comes first.

IMG_2556.JPG IMG_2555.JPG No but have used it to pull the dump trailer in the woods a few times. I've installed a new clutch, fabricated a new gas tank and picked up some older ram horn exhaust manifolds and a bigger hydraulic pump, not yet installed. Oh ya I just picked the old wrecker winch for the back. Thinking hydraulic motor to run the winch. I had to buy the wrecker boom because the color of it matched the skidder exactly!! Ready to start on it again in a couple of weeks. Here some picks of the wrecer boom.

Nice!

Matching is important. All my stuff matches, old and rusty is a color!

That thing is going to be a beast when you are done with it.

Rusty really doesn't look good until your deep in the woods!! It's almost like camouflage in the winter in the woods!!

Back